Band Stacking - V2

I suspect it means that the opus.lib that your opus.lib was not a debug build? I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

That’s good about git :slight_smile:

Phil

I’m beginning to think I should have just built up a linux VM or something!

Right now, I’m just building the DEBUG builds?

To be honest it doesn’t really matter. I wouldn’t worry about warnings. Errors are a problem though!

And I have 4 folders in wfview-master/opus/Win32:
Debug
DebugDLL
Release
ReleaseDLL_fixed

They all have an opus.lib

Yes each one matches whatever build you are doing of wfview. The ones with DLL at the end mean that you will need to copy the opus.dll file into your wfview build directory before you can run it. The ones without are statically linked libraries so don’t rely on a .dll. If you are doing a debug build then link to whichever of the debug libraries you want to use (you will probably need to edit wfview.pro to tell it where to look)

Phil

Ok, thanks, Phil. Will proceed. Might be tomorrow. Running out of steam today!

You have been a great help!

Dave

Outside of a bunch of warnings because there seems to be no opus.pdb file, there are only a handful of link errors now, mostly related to RtAudio. I got RtAudio using git, and the version is 5.2.0. Here is one of the 4 RtAudio unresolved externals errors:
RTAudio.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoUninitialize@0 referenced in function “public: virtual __thiscall RtApiWasapi::~RtApiWasapi(void)” (??1RtApiWasapi@@UAE@XZ)

Any suggestions?

Hi Dave

I assume it is because you are using Qt Creator? I have never tried to build wfview with it and always use Visual Studio, it needs the Microsoft Ole library which probably isn’t included by default?

In wfview.pro you need to add -lole32 to the libraries.

There may be others as well but Google will help you determine any other libraries that are needed

73 Phil

Thanks, Phil. I’ll try that, but I may switch to VS2019 as that is a more familiar environment for me.

Dave

Now it links without error, but complains about .DLLs it can’t find. I copied portaudio_x86.dll to its folder but then it complained about msvcr110d.dll.

I switched to VS2019 and when building, it complains on this:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error There’s no Qt version assigned to project wfview.vcxproj for configuration Debug/Win32.
Please set a Qt installation in ‘Project|Properties|Configuration Properties|Qt Project Settings|Qt Installation’. wfview C:\Users\davew\AppData\Local\QtMsBuild\qt_vars.targets 68

I don’t see a ‘Qt Installation’ under Qt Project Settings.

Do I need a different qt-vars.targets for VS2019?

???

Hi Dave.

I suspect that the portaudio_x86.dll was originally built with an older version of Visual Studio so you need to install the older Microsoft VC runtime:

73 Phil M0VSE

With Visual Studio, you need to set it in the Tools/Qt menu.

73 Phil

I downloaded the VC=+ redistributable, it said I already had that version - did I want to repair it? I said yes. Still no find. I checked for a msvcr110 and it found msvcr110.dll, but not the msvcr110D.dll that wfview.exe wanted. This was using Qt Creator.

In VS2019, I also tried to set the version in the project properties, but still have same error.

Arghh!

Hi Dave.

You probably need to build portaudio yourself as it looks like you are missing a required .dll for it?

There is a visual studio solution within portaudio which I was able to build fine.

On Visual Studio, you must have the QT Visual Tools installed and then in the Extensions menu, will have Qt VS Tools and there you configure QT Versions.

73 Phil M0VSE

Ok, thanks, Phil. Will give that a try.

Hi Dave.

I have created a .zip file of my portaudio directory (just the msvc and include directories) which you should be able to use to build wfview:

https://wfview.org/download/portaudio-lib-and-include-files-for-building-wfview-in-windows/

73 Phil

Thanks, Phil. I will try it. When I tried to build portaudio with VS2019 it said it was too old, so this should help.

Dave

I had to change a couple of folders a bit and copy portaudio_x86.dll to the run-time folder, but it COMPILED, LINKED, and it RUNS using VS2019! Good enough for now. Some cleanup later.

Thank you!

Now will see what I remember regarding c++!

That’s great Dave.

73 Phil

I really appreciate your help, Phil!