IC-7610 Connect over LAN

Hi Dan,

That will not work. You must specify the radio’s IP address. Specifying the computer’s own IP address tries to make it connect to itself.

You will need to get all your equipment on the same private network to make this work.

–E
de W6EL

Ok, let’s dissect this.

I want to know your default gateway.
I want to know your netmask

Also, a hostname is not an ip address. It is related to one or more ip addresses, true that. But a hostname is not an IP address.

So back to the first two questions. First you need to put all settings right OR use DHCP and just write down the IP address it’s assigned.

From that point on, we need to see if you can ping the rig. As long as that does not work, you can install 30 laptops, 73 switches, 88 routers and 20km cabling as well as install on all tastes of an OS wfview but it will not work.

First assignment:

asnwer the two questions and show us the screenshots what the rig shows on the network settings. we don’t need to have/see users (yet)

Hello Mr. Roeland

Well, at the moment I am configuring the Server, I am not connected to the network, only to the radio, so I have not configured it. Previously, I did connect to the server without problem and it is to the radio, everything working, Whaterfall, controls (ptt, button 1 button 2 encoder wheel, and the signaling leds light up) I am talking about in administrator mode (the RC-28, without audio) and in user mode without privileges (audio without RC-28), the problem arises by deleting the user from the “dialup” group, which is when it no longer shows the audio codecs, only a few and the RC-28 only works in administrator mode but does not show the Audio codecs either.
This afternoon at approximately 6:00 p.m. (now here it is 12:44 p.m.) I have met a Linux expert to take a look at it and if necessary, recompile the installation and start from 0, I can’t think of anything else .

Now I unmount all, an y haven’t take images
Thanks very much

Francisco.

Dan,

Do you, by chance, have one router plugged into another router?

–E
de W6EL

Probably best to seek out a local who can help with basic network debugging and configuration. I hated remote troubleshooting like this even when I was paid to do it.

First, let me thank you guys for trying to help me. I was able to finally get it to work with the help of a friend of mine who saw this topic and emailed me yesterday. I phoned him this morning, and he helped me figure out the IP address of the radio.

That was the key, of course, but that’s easier said than done. I was able to log into the cable router and get a list of connected devices with their associated IP addresses, but none of them was named “IC-7610” or something similar. Some had names like “iMac” and “TCLRokuTV-662,” but the rest were all just MAC addresses. Pinging those IP addresses didn’t really tell me anything, either, except that they were connected to the network.

What allowed me to figure out which device was the IC-7610 was that, while we were on the phone, my friend did an internet search for MAC address allocations. What he found is that MAC addresses assigned to Icom all start with 00:90:c7. BINGO! The list of connected devices contained only one item with that MAC address. When I typed the IP address associated with that MAC address into the settings, wfview came right up.

Hi Dan.

Glad you have found the IP address, but a MUCH easier way is to get the IP address directly from the radio:

Menu > Set > Network > DHCP

73 Phil M0VSE

Well, now you tell me! :smile:

You gotta admit that the label “DHCP” is not all that intuitive for newbies.

Between the Wfview FAQ and the radio’s manual it should be clear enough.

1 Like