IC-9700 audio offset

Hi,
Downloaded and installed the latest WFView for Windows and installed succesfully. The small note about enabling CI-V transceive made the waterfall actually appear on my Windows monitor. Radio is connected over Lan, audio output is set to my virtual cable master, and input is set to the IC-9700 USB Audio Codec.

There is one strange thing, I do hear noise / sound, but not the audio which matches the tuned frequency. Not for FM stations, nor USB CW beacons. However, if, for example tuned to 144.416 for a CW beacon I do tune to about 4 kHz up I do hear the CW beacon.

I have no clue at this moment what is going wrong. Anyone an idea ?

Thanks,
Ben - PE2BZ

Hi Ben,

Do you by chance have RIT enabled?

wfview displays the tuning indicator at the carrier frequency, even if RIT is turned on. We’re looking at ways to indicate the receiver passband and RIT in the waterfall.

–E
de W6EL

Hi, thanks for your reply, no, I have not enabled RIT. Enabled and disabled for testing but no change.

I notice when switching from USB on wfview to FM there is no increase of noise sound / level, and FM stations sound like a hissing sound with hi tones in it.

Going for a reboot .

Ben

Hi Ben,

I think, somewhere in the IC-9700 graphical settings menus, there’s a spot where you can set the USB audio level. Mine is at 75% I believe. Maybe poke around and see if you can find it.

–E
de W6EL

Set, Connectors, USB AF/IF output is set to AF output, level at 80 percent.

However, if I reduce this to 0 the audio on the computer does not disappear.

If I record the same audio device IC-9700-from ( 2 - usb audio codec) in audacity the audio sounds perfect and it responds to the AF output level.

I am missing something…

Ben

Hi Ben

I have just re-read your message. If the radio is connected over LAN then you don’t want to use the USB audio connections as tx/rx audio is sent over the LAN connection as well, so using both will likely result in strange things happening!

73 Phil

Hi, Phil, thanks,
I cannot find the way to disable the USB audio connections, I need to choose one, I can’t find an option to choose nothing in the settings ?

And what setting would I need to get audio over the Lan connection ? I found an instruction for virtual audio which looks like its for Linux systems

Ben

Hi Ben

If you are using the LAN connection there is no need to even have the USB plugged it (that’s kind of the point!)

The audio is already there, you just need to select the audio input device (microphone) and output device (speaker) within wfview.

If you want to route audio to other software for digital modes etc. then you need to install a virtual sound card, this is all covered in the manual for Linux and Windows.

73 Phil

1 Like