IC-9700 connect over WLAN

Hello Chris, no, from wfview Version 1.0

Not sure if this helps, but these are my settings in WFVIEW
(I have forwarded the ports 5001-5003 in the router , the transceiver is also accessible through internet, therefor the blanked remote IP address is the IP address from my provider, not from the IC-9700)

Hi Chris,
if you look at the picture of my very first message you will see that I can’t select “Modulation Input → LAN” and “Data Mod Input → LAN”. Maybe that is my problem, but I dont know how to fix that.
If I connect with USB I can select everything.

I switched for test to the standard router (huawei) from my provider, no special settings
/ port forwarding etc. set , it also immidiately worked with LAN or WLAN

i don’t know why it is not working for you…

I can choose the modulation source only after connecting wfview with - IC9700 and turning on the radio. Before turning on the radio, modulation source setting is not available.

Hi Andrzej

Yes that is correct, until wfview is connected to the radio and it is switched-on, wfview has no way of querying the radio for its capabilities (including modulation source). The combobox is only populated once this has happened.

73 Phil

Hello Andrzej,
what do you meam with “conneting wfview with - IC9700” ? With WLAN or USB?
The radio was allways turned on.

Hi Randa.
The radio at the remote site is in standby mode. As a first step, I am running wfview. Then in the “Settings” tab I click the Conect (Conect over Lan) button. Then, in the “View” tab, I click the “Power On” button. When the radio turns on, only now can I choose the modulation source in the “Settings” tab.
I have a radio and router at a remote location. Laptop and router at home. Connected via VPN over the internet.

First be sure you have things correct on the settings tab. (This should be the same as on a hard wired connection.)

If you can not connect when you press the connect button it is likely you have a firewall problem. Checking this will depend on your setup - OS etc.

The firewall (could be software on the computer) is not allowing the traffic from the IC-9700 server to get to the wfview program. In some setups you have to give permission for the traffic from the IP address to get through.

Any time I’m trying a new program that needs to connect through the network and it fails it is usually my FW that is blocking the traffic.

Hope this is of help…

It will work fine using a WiFi connection on your local network. I use an IC-7610 on
WiFi with no problem.

73… Ken VE5KC

Many thanks to Andrzej and Ken for input and ideas. I got it now running with Version 1.1,but only if I connect through WLAN Adapter Devolo Magic 2 or hard wired.
So for me, it cannot be the Laptop firewall, but I also tried with deactiated firewall.
But anyway I have now at least one solution. The only thing now which is not so nice, is that because of the laptop resolution, the frequency and some other configuration items look strange. If I put it in full screen mode, software will get slow and takes 25% cpu (new core I7 Lenovo Thinkpad).

Hi Randa,

I’m glad you got it working! What is the screen resolution on your system?

–E
de W6EL

I took the recommended one → 3840 x 2160 , scaling of text 250%

Hi Randa

This is a known issue with Qt apps on High DPI displays, you can try the workaround that I suggested on this thread Display resolution?

73 Phil

Hi Phil,
that works :slight_smile: , thank’s for all the great support for the topics.