Icom ic-7200

Hi Dan,

We do have a TCP/IP interface for emulating hamlib’s rigctld. This allows abstracted commands to be sent to and from the radio, with an interface that is the same for all supported radios. I’m not sure, but there may be a way with rigctld to send raw commands (I don’t think there are any memory commands but I could be wrong). @phil will know. Maybe we could add a “raw” mode in if it doesn’t have one.

–E
de W6EL

I did think about writing a ‘raw’ TCP daemon as it would be pretty easy and some software allows CAT/C-IV data to be exchanged over TCP.

73 Phil M0VSE

The pty/loopback is definitely fine, it would just be nice if there was a way for chirp to detect that wfview is available and provide it as an option to the user without them having to tell chirp to use a specific pty, port, etc. If there’s some other way we could do that, like a symlink in a known location on unix at least, that would be cool and maybe just a port name in a text file on windows or something.

Looks like there is some limited raw command capability within the rigctld protocol already!

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man8/rigctld.8.html

See “send_cmd”

you can send indeed manual commands @eliggett – kind of painful by hand but that would not be an issue s/w-wise