Improperly Drawn UI in Linux

Under Linux, in this case Ubuntu Impish, the main UI screen doesn’t properly render and can’t be resized to correct for the improperly drawn elements. I think this may be because with the IC-7100 there is no waterfall/panadapter view to show. I thought this might be addressed somewhere else but I can’t find a reference to it. Hopefully I’m not the only one experiencing this problem. A screenshot of my wfview instance is shown below. Let me know if there’s anything else I can add to help address this problem.

Thanks,
Russ - K5TUX

1 Like

Same 1.2d on Ubuntu-iMac 21.10 64-bit Wayland
Raspberry Pi looks good.
bob
wm6h

I have same issue on Windows 10, as well as on a raspberry Pi using IC 7000. The main operating screen cannot be resized whereas the other screens can be resized, including full screen. When fullscreen is selected the window on the main sreen is indexed to upper left corner but the image is not enlarged. All other screen operate normally.

Peter

Hi Russ,

Sorry about that, I saw this the other day as well. It’s due to adding those buttons at the bottom, we need to re-calculate the correct UI length.

These two lines do the size:

this->setMaximumSize(QSize(929, 270));
            this->setMinimumSize(QSize(929, 270));

These lines are around line 868 or so in wfmain.cpp. The reason for the two sizes is that I had trouble getting the “fixed” size policy to fix at any particular size, and this was the recommended fix (no pun intended!) on the qt forums.

If you find a good size, let me know and we’ll use it!

Sorry about the squish!

–E
de W6EL

Hi, Elliott.

I went through a few iterations and this is what looks good on my screen:

this->setMaximumSize(QSize(1025,350));
     this->setMinimumSize(QSize(1025,350));

Thanks for the quick response and the fix.

Russ - K5TUX

1 Like

Hi Russ,

I’ll give that a go here too.

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

Hi Russ,

How does the Settings tab look to you with these settings? It seems squished to me. I may need to look at how to set that size policy different on that tab.

Looks good on the other tabs though.

–E
de W6EL

Ok I think it’s fixed in our ui-size branch. We will merge soon if it looks alright.