Levels RF, AF, etc

When I change bands on the Mac version 1.5 the levels change in Wfview(but not on the 7610). When I change bands on the PC version 1.5 levels stay the same in Wfview. There are other instances on the Mac version, too, that cause the Wfview levels to change. Any thoughts?

Hi John,

The behavior should be identical.

The levels update at a schedule, and the timing is based on the type of connection. Serial and USB connections update a lot slower. Network connections update all at the same speed. I don’t know if that’s a factor with your example.

I suspect if you change bands and wait a few seconds you’ll see the same result. You can change the polling time under the User Interface page of the Settings tab.

–E
de W6EL

It’s all network connection. Polling is the same on both.

Hi John,

The AF level is a saved preference in wfview, since it is just a local volume control. This might be why that one changes differently on each computer. Set it to the same level on each computer, press “Save Settings”, and it should always come back the same way.

The RF gain should be read from the radio each time once the connection is established. This level should be read the same regardless of what kind of computer you use.

–E
de W6EL

Save settings cured it. Thanks.