Mac OS 12.3 with M1 processor

I run Mac OS Monterey 12.3 and M1 processor on both server and client. While setting up the client the system is crashes - is this a known problem?

Hi,

Exactly when does it crash? You said “while setting up” but is there a specific thing you click or select that seems to cause the crash?

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

I think it was under changing the audio settings it frist stopped. I was able to restart the client but after a whilde (some minutes) it stopped again. After that i was not able to start the client again - it just stopped in a crache and is not working.
What is the correct way of installing on an mac (M1). I can se someone mention macports. Where do i find installation instructions?

The version on Mac ports is about a year old. I’m not sure I’d recommend it.

Can you check the log and see if any useful information showed up? Maybe post it here?

Thanks,

—E
de W6EL

Link for how to get the log file out, as well as how to open wfview with additional “debug” logging:

https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/log-file/

You may wish to check both the server and the client sides. The log file can get very large with debug on, so keep your tests brief when you do this.

–E
de W6EL