Mirroring SDR with WFView

Is that “pip3 install mako” on the same line as the brew packages? Its a separate command.

Ran separate and the reinstall warnings went away ran just pip3 install mako and I get the externally managed env error. I’ve tried a couple site to maybe fix the issue, I’ve tried to follow along with this How to solve "error: externally-managed-environment" when installing via pip3 | Jeff Geerling and found where the version from the article is, but still get the same error.

So you can either use a virtual environment like Anaconda to get around the python issue or you can try the --break-system-packages “pip3 install mako --break-system-packages”. Most of the time I haven’t had issues with the break-system-pacakges option but I can’t swear it won’t impact something.

Ok that got me past that error

I installed Volk then on this section I’m getting stuck again.

Made directory and currently in it
mkdir build
cd build

I have the build directory and in the build directory and input

cmake … -DOPT_BUILD_SOAPY_SOURCE=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_BLADERF_SOURCE=ON -DOPT_B
UILD_AUDIO_SOURCE=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_AUDIO_SINK=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_PORTAUDIO_SINK=ON -DOPT_BUILD_NEW_PORTAUDIO_SINK=ON -DOPT_BUILD_M17_DECODER=ON -DUSE_BUNDLE_DEFAULTS=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

gettin this in return

➜  build cmake .. -DOPT_BUILD_SOAPY_SOURCE=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_BLADERF_SOURCE=ON -DOPT_B
UILD_AUDIO_SOURCE=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_AUDIO_SINK=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_PORTAUDIO_SINK=ON -DOPT_BUILD_NEW_PORTAUDIO_SINK=ON -DOPT_BUILD_M17_DECODER=ON -DUSE_BUNDLE_DEFAULTS=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
zsh: command not found: cmake
zsh: command not found: -DOPT_BUILD_AUDIO_SINK=OFF
➜  build 

Again thanks so much for the help

I did make instead cmake and it seem to do something

make .. -DOPT_BUILD_SOAPY_SOURCE=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_BLADERF_SOURCE=ON -DOPT_BUILD_AUDIO_SOURCE=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_PORTAUDIO_SINK=ON -DOPT_BUILD_NEW_PORTAUDIO_SINK=ON -DOPT_BUILD_M17_DECODER=ON -DUSE_BUNDLE_DEFAULTS=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
make -j

I get a list of feedback and then

This program built for i386-apple-darwin11.3.0
Report bugs to <bug-make@gnu.org>
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

You don’t appear to have cmake on your Mac which isn’t surprising if you aren’t a developer. Try “brew install cmake” and see if that doesn’t install the homebrew version. You may have to install Xcode before its over.

➜  build git:(master) ✗ cmake .. -DOPT_BUILD_SOAPY_SOURCE=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_BLADERF_SOURCE=ON -DOPT_BUILD_AUDIO_SOURCE=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_AUDIO_SINK=OFF -DOPT_BUILD_PORTAUDIO_SINK=ON -DOPT_BUILD_NEW_PORTAUDIO_SINK=ON -DOPT_BUILD_M17_DECODER=ON -DUSE_BUNDLE_DEFAULTS=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
make -j
CMake Deprecation Warning at core/libcorrect/CMakeLists.txt:1 (cmake_minimum_required):
  Compatibility with CMake < 3.5 will be removed from a future version of
  CMake.

Update the VERSION argument <min> value or use a ...<max> suffix to tell
  CMake that the project does not need compatibility with older versions.

-- Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE) 
CMake Error at /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.28.3/share/cmake/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:675 (message):
  pkg-config tool not found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.28.3/share/cmake/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:841 (_pkg_check_modules_internal)
  core/CMakeLists.txt:54 (pkg_check_modules)

CMake Error at /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.28.3/share/cmake/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:675 (message):
  /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.28.3/share/cmake/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:841 (_pkg_check_modules_internal)
  core/CMakeLists.txt:123 (pkg_check_modules)

core/CMakeLists.txt:124 (pkg_check_modules)

core/CMakeLists.txt:125 (pkg_check_modules)

core/CMakeLists.txt:126 (pkg_check_modules)

source_modules/airspy_source/CMakeLists.txt:27 (pkg_check_modules)

source_modules/airspyhf_source/CMakeLists.txt:27 (pkg_check_modules)

source_modules/bladerf_source/CMakeLists.txt:16 (pkg_check_modules)

source_modules/hackrf_source/CMakeLists.txt:25 (pkg_check_modules)

source_modules/rtl_sdr_source/CMakeLists.txt:21 (pkg_check_modules)

source_modules/rtl_sdr_source/CMakeLists.txt:22 (pkg_check_modules)

sink_modules/portaudio_sink/CMakeLists.txt:14 (pkg_check_modules)

sink_modules/new_portaudio_sink/CMakeLists.txt:14 (pkg_check_modules)

decoder_modules/m17_decoder/CMakeLists.txt:27 (pkg_check_modules)

CMake Deprecation Warning at misc_modules/discord_integration/discord-rpc/CMakeLists.txt:1 (cmake_minimum_required):
  Compatibility with CMake < 3.5 will be removed from a future version of
  CMake.

Update the VERSION argument <min> value or use a ...<max> suffix to tell
  CMake that the project does not need compatibility with older versions.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

The CMakeLists.txt is in the root directory of the SDRPlusPlus repo you should have cloned. The build directory should be in the root of the repo directory. The cmake … is referring to the CMakeLists.txt file that is in the directory about the build directory so you must create the build directory in the SDRPlusPlus repo root directory.

I believe i’ve done that. Realized I was missing the obvious there.

In the build dir

When I do the cmake I get the long list of errors, but files where added to the build directory

Can you remove the CMakeCache.txt file from the build directory, re-run the cmake command in that directory and then send me the output? You can email me directly at bturbeville@gmail.com rather than using the forum messages.

sent a couple messages as I’ve made a couple discoveries. Latest one is where I’m currently at. wiggins.philip@gmail.com

Update: got it compiled and sound back, but I’m not seeing WF as a module

From my last email I think I have it built. I had to update the portaudio_sink CMakeList.txt file to

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.13)
project(audio_sink1)

I’m not sure at this point how to make the two actually sync though. Should Wfview show up in the module manager?

Also I’m no longer hearing the audio through the computer.
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 9.13.07 PM

I love this thread, keep it going and let us know how it goes!

–E
de W6EL

We got this working with communications via email. I can share the compiled .app if you want.

I think it would be great if you can summarize the procedure and/or share the app with people, for example via github’s “release” method of sharing compiled binaries.

Let me get straight what this does, just so I am sure.

SDR++ accepts some kind of plugin module which talks to wfview, and the plugin module keeps their VFOs in sync?

Is there a way to put in offsets, for example, if I am tapping in after a multiplication stage in a radio?

–E
de W6EL

KN4B program is all the work. Once he has pushed some of the changes mentioned in our email side mission I could update the readme on the SDR++ fork he has and upload the steps for mac.

For now this is the working set with the compiled .app that works for me on my macbook. SDRPlusPlus-master 2.zip - Google Drive