Multiple Radios?

Hi Jorge.

The default wfview configuration in Windows is stored in the registry, however, if you use the –settings option, configure your rig and click ‘save settings’ this will save a file with the name specified by the –settings option. The file is stored in the current users appdata directory.

To use this configuration, just run wfview with the same –settings option.

There is no need to have multiple copies of wfview.

Thanks

Phil

Hello Phil, thanks for the answer.
But what should I put, since I skip a window with the following information.

Usage: -p --port /dev/port, -h

but remember its windows not linux.

As it would be the chain that I have to put.
since I have a 9700 and a 7300

I currently have now on the shortcut
“C:\Program Files\wfview\wfview.exe” “–settings 9700.ini”

Hi Jorge.

If you get that popup usage window, it means the command line is incorrect. It probably doesn’t like the parameters being entered in quotes?

73 Phil

Hi Jorge,

Make sure to be careful since this forum tends to garble -- into “–”. You can use backticks in this forum if you need to insert code or other careful text. ie: `thing`.

The --port syntax is probably not useful for you since one of your radios is likely to be used over the network, and one over serial.

–E

correct, the 7300 if it goes by port COM, but the 9700 goes by LAN port

Hello.
If I do not put the parameters in quotation marks like this in the post, Windows rejects it and it does not allow to accept the modification.
The only way is to put it in the way I have it.

Now, surely the nomenclature of the parameters that I have not been correct, and that is why it gives the emerging message.

Someone who works on Windows and has this problem and has fixed it can put the correct syntax.
Both for 7300 and for 9700?
Thanks.

Hi Jorge.

I’m probably the best person as I wrote the code :slight_smile:

The below works for me, no need for the quotes around the settings:
Also, you can use:

wfview --settings <filename>
wfivew -s <filename>

They both do the same.

2 Likes

Fantastic.

Work fine now.

Thans for you information.

I’m a bit confused. I run the Windows version and I find that it uses registry settings - not a .ini file? Does the Windows version also support .ini files? If so, is there a sample file I can download?

If you specify that it shall use an ini file per Phil’s screenshot, it will. Simply do that, configure as needed, and do not forget to press “Save Settings”.

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

Perfect! Is there a sample .ini file I could start with or just follow the description given in the User Manual in the Preferences File section?

Hi Dave,

Simply passing the argument and pressing “Save Settings” will create a pretty basic ini file from which you could manually open and edit if needed.

–E

Ok, thanks, Elliott.

When you use

theses .ini files are created and stored after saving in your user profile of windows
C:\Users\WhateverYourUserName\AppData\Roaming\wfview\wfview

Now for next challenge to create and use config file with raspberry pi.

de PK

Hi Elliot,
In regards to your post Multiple Radios? - #9 by eliggett

I have created both working 7300 and 705 config files from previous single radio operations on the raspberry pi and renamed them into folder /home/pi/.config/wfview.

When launching wfview with arguments
wfview -s wfview-7300.conf , wfview starts up as if no file found and default configuration settings used. Making changes, saving and restarting, configs load as of the time of saving.

Checking back at the /home/pi/.config/wfview folder, none of the files (confirmed by time stamps and contains) have not been updated.

I discovered wfview is saving config files in a different location /home/pi/.local/share/wfview/wfview

More testing lead me to, if I use wfview -s /home/pi/.config/wfview/wfview-7300.conf
then this will work correctly and use files from the /home/pi/.config/wfview.

I am no expect in Linux but is this expected behaviour of the Linux system or of wfview.
It would be an area where if new users to Linux may get confused with a complex folder system.

de PK

Hi PK,

This is quite interesting, with the .local vs .config directory. What you observed may be something new with the raspberry pi linux that we might see on other linux distros soon – would not surprise me.

I’ll keep an eye on this. We’ll be doing more Pi testing soon.

–E
de W6EL