New builds released today (2021-05-11)

Hi all,

We have released builds for all 3 platforms today and encourage anybody who is using wfview to update.

The main change is that we have re-written the pseudo-tty/virtual serial code and it now works in MacOS. We have also improved stability for all platforms. For MacOS/Linux users, instead of wfview creating a link to the pty as /tmp/rig, this is now configurable within the Settings page. A number of default names are offered or you can enter a full path to the filename of your choice (this file must not exist though).

The build also includes the Ui accessibility improvements and we are keen for feedback from anybody who uses a screen reader with wfview.

There is only a single Universal build for MacOS as that seems to work on both Intel and M1.

https://wfview.org/download

73 Phil M0VSE

Do these new builds only show under the ‘test’ build download buttons? Or can I use the same git clone and build steps as before and get the new version?

I’m stacking those get and build steps into a script so I have a single command to update.

Kevin

Since the Linux build has you clone the source to build you should be able to just go into the wfview Directory then do something similar to:

git pull
rm -rf build
mkdir build
cd build

Then proceed with the qmake step from the Linux install instructions. There are some other branches that represent unfinished work, but the main branch should be what these builds are made from.

Hi Kevin.

We generally make a build when a significant repair or feature has been added, each time the master branch is updated with the latest code as well so yes you are getting the same build.

73 Phil M0VSE

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I’m doing. I’m just building all the steps into a single script I can run each time I want to update.

If they really wanted to get fancy, they could have the program itself check occasionally for updates and spawn such a job in the background to do the update as needed. (with user approval through a dialog first.)

That is another thing that is ‘somewhere’ down the road on the roadmap :slight_smile:

Thanks for the video btw.

73 Phil M0VSE