No Audio or Tx on

Every thing works but no audio on Clent. attached are my logs from both radios…
wfview-20221010170757.log (8.6 KB)
wfview-20221010171039.log (3.1 KB)

/.

Try using portaudio or rtaudio on the client.

Phil,

That field is grey out? I can’t change it?

Thanks,

You need to click disconnect first.

Phil,

After changing to your recommendation, now when I load client it immediately closes a several windows flash on monitor an close then wfview closes as well? Any suggestion?

Thanks

Hello dear Terry, I occasionally have that on my client PC under Win 10 too. only when I set the same audio plugins on the server, both to RT audio, did it not collapse. Vy 73 de Jan-Peter -DL3KVT

Thanks for the info, I found that true as well but alas no audio on Client regardless of settings. All other features work between Client and Server……I’m about ready to give up been working on this for several weeks now. Having full knee replacement tomorrow so I won’t be traveling back and forth to garage for a few weeks. Again thanks……73s Wk4b

I have a similar issue, no audio locally or on a remote. I am running W10 32 bit on my station PC. The remote is W10 64 bit. My rig is ICOM756, I have a U5 Link that works properly on FT8 using wstjx so I know the audio connection is good. wfview tunes my ICOM and puts it in xmit. Band selection does not work, but frequency does.
My client is connected to my home network, so I understand how it connects using the server’s IP address, but I don’t understand how it could work on a different network.
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Howard

Hi Howard,

On the server side, what audio devices do you have selected under “Radio Server”?

—E
de W6EL

The microphone and speaker that my U5 Link connects to, they work with wsjtx, which is the audio built into my PC.

Hi Howard,

Can you send me the server log? Simply press the “Log” button and then press “Send to termbin”, and then paste in the resulting URL here. I will see if there are any audio issues with the setup.

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

https://termbin.com/5yyb

Hi Howard,

It looks like the server is not configured to have an audio input. Please make sure you have configured the audio under the “Radio Server” page of the Settings tab. It looks to me like you may have accidentally configured the audio under the “Radio Access” page, which is where you configure client-side access.

For a server, the radio access page is only how we get commands to and from the radio. The audio for the server’s streaming audio server is configured under “Radio Server”.

2022-10-24 20:20:33.903 INF udp.server: Starting udp server
2022-10-24 20:20:33.903 INF audio: Audio Input device  "" [BLANK]
2022-10-24 20:20:33.903 INF audio: Audio Output device  "Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)"

Give it a try, see if you can change it for the server.

–E
de W6EL

Elliot:
I grabbed some screen shots:

I have them both set. I don’t see how to clear the radio access page. Also, another issue is that each time I start WFview I have to recheck the send RTS for PTT box. for xmit to work.

Thanks,
Howard

Hi Howard,

You need to click Save Settings to actually store any changes, they will then be remembered on next restart.

As for the audio devices, I can’t really read your screenshots but the server audio devices look to be Realtek audio which will be your computers internal sound card. These should be USB Audio Codec for rig audio to work.

73 Phil

Sorry misread, I suspect the RTS for PTT, being experimental isn’t being stored?

Hi Howard,

As Phil said, it will save the RTS setting if you press “Save Settings”. wfview does not save settings automatically; you must press that button when you reach a configuration you wish to save.

I cannot read your screenshots, there is something very fuzzy about them.

You should not need to clear out the radio access page’s audio settings. I think it is harmless to have set them in the past.

Make sure under Radio Server you have the correct audio devices selected. Check and check again! Then Save Settings and try to connect in again.

On your client side, you may wish to go to Settings and then the User Interface page, and try using the Secondary Meter set to TxAudio or RxAudio. This may help you see if your client-side microphone is working and if there is audio coming in from the radio.

–E
de W6EL

Hi Elliott
Thanks for your reply. I know I have to save the configuration. However the program doesn’t remember the RTS setting. I tried several times. The same with the audio, I know I have the correct audio channels selected, they work fine with other applications, and the audio works on xmit. I had a similar issue with another ap when I tried using a USB device for the audio. When I switched to the PC everything worked fine.

Howard

Hi Howard,

The latest code in the master branch has resolved the RTS issue. The setting should be always recalled correctly. You may need to toggle the check box and press Save Settings once to get it in-sync.

–E
de W6EL