Receive Filters

I got audio streaming from wfview in VE3 to my shack in Thailand using the audio streaming service I use for Win4Icom. Luckily, it works without the need to change any settings.

Now that I can hear, I notice a few odd things that you probably just haven’t caught up with:

• There’s no visual indication of the width of the receive filter bandwidths. The filters seem to have been preset “at the factory” but I can’t tell what the settings are.
  • The Receive Filter pull-down doesn’t indicate the filter bandwidth either, just 1, 2, 3 and Setup (which does nothing, at the moment).

I would eventually like to see:

1. Three bandwidth buttons, labeled with the bandwidth, instead of a pulldown. Three buttons per mode, with the bandwidths for each mode saved.
  2. Ability to visually change the bandwidth on screen by dragging the bandwidth “envelope” with a mouse. Then when you click a button to change to another bandwidth, the one you just set gets saved.

These suggestions are based on features I have seen in other SDR software that make life easier.

Ken, VE3HLS

Hi Ken,

Yes this is something that is on our roadmap. My personal preference is to have a partially transparent ‘marker’ that follows the frequency marker and indicates filter width and position (USB/LSB etc.) It would also be nice for this to be ‘draggable’ to set filter width :slight_smile:

73 Phil

Hi Ken,

That’s great news, and good suggestions.

I just want to point out that the Win4Icom audio server uses the same ports as wfview, so be mindful that running both at the same time could produce undesired behaviour. I believe the ports can be changed in Win4Icom, and also that they can be changed in wfview. I could be wrong, but I think I saw port 50001 in a Win4Icom screenshot.

–E
de W6EL

Exactly what I’m hoping for! :+1:

Ken

Hi Elliott,

I tried the Win4Icom server a while ago and it was very slow. Instead, I log on to the host computer using Chrome Remote Desktop and launch Win4Icom locally. I use a separate streaming service for audio. The Win4Icom audio server wasn’t very good either.

Ken