Further to the recent testing here: Comparison with RS-BA1 - wfview
…I have built today’s version of the “settings” branch, and it is a huge improvement!
For this test I have:
- IC-705, with USB to…
- Raspberry Pi running the new build, connected to the internet via a wireless hotspot and VPN to…
- Raspberry Pi Zero wired to my home LAN router as the other end of the VPN, with iptables routing to…
- Mac (MacOS), WiFi on my home LAN, running the wfview client
Codec is Opus, and latency is maximum.
I have been streaming BBC Radio 2 for over an hour - and the audio quality is surprisingly good, even for music! In that time I have experienced:
- a couple of very brief audio stutters
- three instances of outages of around 4 seconds
So it’s not perfect… but it is definitely now viable for remote station operation. My next step will be to get some other members of our contest group involved, to test for real on HF.