Those with an IC705 and mesh networks

for you I have a question.

• How many access points does the 705 see at the same time in your mesh network?
  • how many are connected at the same time?
  • if you move the 705 across the building and switch over to a different access point in the
    same mesh, does wfview keep running?
  • does the loss stay low or does it go up fast ?

My internal icom conns reported:

“the operation of IC-705 on the mesh network is not guaranteed.
Please use it on normal APs.”

R.

I have an eero 6 pro w 4 AP nodes
As far as I know you only see the network name as one entry on the 705 ( or other devices)
On the eero admin app - you can see which AP is connected to your device ( the 705)
So you are only connected to one

I have not tried walking around with it

Marc

| roeland Roeland Jansen
11 December |

• | - |

for you I have a question.

• How many access points does the 705 see at the same time in your mesh network?
  • how many are connected at the same time?
  • if you move the 705 across the building and switch over to a different access point in the
    same mesh, does wfview keep running?
  • does the loss stay low or does it go up fast ?

My internal icom conns reported:

“the operation of IC-705 on the mesh network is not guaranteed.
Please use it on normal APs.”

R.

Hi roeland,
i am using a AVM fritzbox and an AVM repeater in mesh topology, the ic-507 seems to be connected two times to the SSID (two lines in the settings of the ic-705. That wifi setup gave me some problems (long ping times and interrupted connections). As altenative, I setup a raspbery pi 3 as wifi access point, located only some inches away from the ic-705, and my Macbook is connected to this access point as well. That seems to be the most promising setup, although still not working that stable.

73 Peter DL5DLA

Marc,

the reason why I asked if it were connected single or multiple times… is that some mesh networks shows
multiple connected…

I have seen for instance four connected ones. I could take it to work and see as we have a large mesh network there.

Peter,

with AVM fritz and repeaters I also have seen mesh issues with the 705.

I’ve a TP-link deco Mesh network, 3 AP’s and a seperate wifi listing for each one appear’s in my ic-705, I can pick any one of 'em and it’ll connect and roam’s between them without issue’s. My rig does not connect to all available AP’s at once, that’d be overkill. I do have custom DNS but that shouldn’t matter. I feel for those having problem’s. - Bryan, K1BQY

Bryan,

the difference is that on some mesh networks, it not only shows all mesh members but in fact connect them too at the same time. For instance – my 705 shows currently three (!) connected members.

20211213_165602

and if you want to confuse the 705…

1 Like

n the case of mesh Wi-Fi, it is possible that UDP cannot communicate normally (delay, etc.).
This is mainly
It is affected by the performance and placement method of the mesh Wi-Fi router.

JG3HLX