Version 1.4x release

we’ve started with version 1.4

1.41 adds color support for the UI elements so that you can create your own colorful waterfall, scope, meter colors and such

1.42 adds an audiometer to the secondary meter. TxAudio, RxAudio and TxRxAudio

Currently you need to build it yourself (20220826) – artifacts will be built one of the days,

1 Like

above you see the TxRxMeter below the S-METER as second meter.
The colors of the meter are via the color picker altered. So is the tuning bar as well as the backfill, scope lines etc.

Hello,

Old age problem again:

What is the link, please, for the latest 1.4x release
Once I have it, how do I install it ?
e.g., new Folder, just place in present one, etc. ?

Thanks, as always,
Bob

There are no links yet, Bob; I don’t have the windows/mac toolchain to build but it will be announced soon enough. Just wait.

Hi,

Thanks again for all the “hand-holding” with this.
Appreciated.

Regards,
Bob

Question: if I run windows10 as server and client on Mac then both sides must be running the same version nr ?

Hi Pål

It is generally good practice to run the same version on both the client and server as there may have been fixes to the network protocol, however there have not been any such changes since 1.2e so you should be fine.

73 Phil M0VSE

Som observations with 1.42.
Triad WFview 1.42 as server/IC-705 via USB on a clean install of Rasbian 20220404 32-bit on Pi4 (2GB) Ethernet to router.

Wfview 220829 download of fullbuild script.
Got error:
./fullbuild-wfview.sh: line 143: qmake: command not found

tried to run ./fullbuild AGAIN and now it runs !

Did not install, had to “sudo make install” from the build folder and reboot
to get Wfview into start menu.

When I start server and give a password like “aaaaaa” and press transmit
it converts to " 8+.P@? " and only that password works from the client.

Portaudio is not good with Opus 1ch, too many small dropouts.
Nice with Audio meters.

Client also with 1.42 on a Pi400 (4GB) with ethernet to router.
/ regards Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

I don’t know why the password is changing in the UI. We do change the password in order to store it slightly more securely (not really secure, but anyway), and we also have to send it a special way to the radio. Perhaps some of that is leaking into the UI?

Thank you for your testing and comments on the software. I’m thrilled that it’s working on a Pi4 with 2 GB of ram. Let us know how it works out.

–E
de W6EL

Hi Elliot

Checked again, if I just enter the password, without pressing Enter, it stays the same.
Pressing Enter gives a new “cryptic” password every time…
No problem. Keep it the good work.

Regards Tommy