Wfview 1.61 great but missing one function

Absolutely on-board for that one. A lot of people need to tune amps and tuners. This is a feature that is missing from most modern rigs. It seems so obvious and yet only Elecraft (as far as I know) provides this feature.
Doug – K0DXV

I am aware of that and many other similar versions of the tune dongle.

The problem is there are a variety of opinions and ideas on connecting such circuits to the Icom AH4 tuner jack. There has been concerns raised that such a circuit can damage some Icom radio models. A safer version of the tune dongle has been presented by several sources, it has a physical switch and does not use the radio tune button. That is the version I have in my shack.

To add to all the confusion, Icom is no help with providing any kind of information as to what is right or not and what will work properly. I sent email to Icom but they would only say the tuner jack was for their AH4 tuners.

Icom could easily solve this problem in their firmware but they only want you to use Icom tuners.

I only know that a software solution would work and solve the problem. Many users would find very useful.

73… Ken - VE5KC

You can also add Flex to radios that support such a tune function and it is done by pressing the tune button in their software.

73… Ken - VE5KC