[wfview] Crash on MacOS Mojave

Tnx Phil,

Maybe I can build one. Xcode project file? :slight_smile:

73 Frank

It’s all in the gitlab repo!

73 Phil

I have xcode, and I have compiled it using the “wfview.pro” file with qt creator as the IDE on my mac.

–E
de W6EL

Hi Elliot,

Cloned the repo, installed XCode & Tools and QT Creator configured for QT5, all on Mojave.
IDE complains about qcustomplot.h includefile missing.

I’m obviously missing something here :slight_smile:

73 Frank

Okay, solved it by downloading the qcustomplot.h and qcustomplot.cpp from https://www.qcustomplot.com and commenting out the -L for the qcustomplot library, which you don’t need to link when compiling it yourself…

It’s now running on Mojave !

73 Frank

That’s great news Frank! Which version of Xcode did you use?

73 Phil

I’m using Xcode 11.3.1.
According to Apple, that should be the latest version that runs on Mojave 10.14.6.
Have to download it from Apple Developer site.

73 Frank

Hi all.

For anybody who doesn’t have access to XCode, I have released a new build which is built with an older Platform API and now has the target version set to 10.13 (High Sierra) which means it ‘should’ work on all versions 10.13 and newer.

Please try downloading this test build and let me know how you get on.

73 Phil M0VSE

a quick question; is this software compatible with the IC7100?

Thanks

Adrian. G1NCS

Hi Adrian.

While we haven’t specifically tested the IC7100, wfview should have limited support for it (without the spectrum scope obviously).

Please let us know how you get on.

73 Phil M0VSE

Hi Phil,

I tested May 7 Mac OS version.

Transceiver : IC-7851

computer : Macbook pro mid 2015, OS : 10.3.6 (high Sierra)

LAN remote connection

Receive and waterfall are working very well.

When transmit, get some interference (Larsen ?) but just used integrated laptop microphone.

I miss (or cannot find) : NB, notch, and monitor button

Would like possibility to connect RC-28 or some kind of USB joystick.

Is there a way to connect MacLoggerDX (requires a serial port to connect)?

At least some hope of forgetting RSBA1 and my ugly Windows…

Thanks a lot

F1RAF Nicolas

Hi Nicolas.

Glad that the new build works on High Sierra, I was hoping that it would.

Not sure about TX interference? I would try an external microphone/headset. Let us know how you get on.

There are a number of controls like NB, Notch and Monitor that are currently missing from wfview. We hope to be able to add them soon.

We have also considered hardware control devices and somebody has already asked about the RC-28 (but I don’t think that any of the devs own one?) We are also looking into supporting generic MIDI control surfaces as they usually have a large Jog/Shuttle wheel that can be used as a VFO, together with lots of knobs and buttons and can usually be bought quite cheaply.

As far as connecting to external software, this is something that we hope to resolve soon. With Linux we use a pseudo tty and Windows has a virtual serial port for this. Mac OS also supports pseudo ttys, but it seems to work differently to Linux so will require a bit more programming effort. You should then have a (virtual) serial port that you can use to connect to MacLoggerDX.

73 Phil M0VSE