Wfview works Flawlessly on my IC-7610

I am so impressed with wfview after weeks of successful Remote network operation via the Global Internet to connect to my Icom IC-7610 using an HP Laptop or HP Desktop. Receiving great audio reports too. Donation coming soon!

Kevin, WA6JKN

2 Likes

Hi Kevin,

Glad to hear it! It’s the program that we all wanted, and we are thrilled that it works as well for you as it does for us.

–E
de W6EL

Kevin i have 7610 please tell me if you are on windows 10
and what exactly are you settings . i cannot get it to start.

thanx

I’ll have to get back with you next week with screen shots. I’m in Texas and my 7610 is in California.

Kevin

What is happening when you try to get it to start? Can you describe your setup, the steps, and things you are seeing happen or not happen?

–E
de W6EL

I am not successful getting my 7610 running with wfview either.
i have it on a win10 pro.
i get the main view no freq… i have all the network info to get to my 7610 i am using wifi/network
the CI-V and model… manual radio civ address for 7610 is 98H
and nothing else comes back. the green and blue and NONE at the bottom right hand corner.

please help us!
73 ka1uln/Niece

Can you please try turning on CI-V Transceive in the radio’s menu and not specifying a manual CI-V address?

—E
de W6EL

Niece,

I just returned from a two week trip to Texas and wfview worked great with my IC-7610 as my primary remote software. I even used wfview while my XYL was driving from Tyler Texas to Van Horn Texas using my HP laptop connected to my iPhone’s hotspot. From cell tower to cell tower it held in there the entire time. I just love the simplify and ease of operation using wfview! RS-BA1 ver 2 is way to busy, clumsy, and not user friendly by comparison.

Don’t give up, Ive be operating remote for several years and it takes some patients to understand and recognize where the problem is that you are having. Its too complex to cover everything here.

However, I can tell you that the number one problem with operating remote with my IC-7610 is the radio itself, not any of the software I use to connect to it remotely.

You first have to verify that your IC-7610 is connected to the internet via your router!

Is the IP address seen on your router the same as the one programmed in the IC-7610?

If not the same, you MUST cycle the IP address on the IC-7610 then verify again on your router.

Sometimes, just a simple power cycling of the radio from the power supply will do the trick. If that does not work, you must re-enter a new IP address then power down the radio for it to take effect, then return to the original IP address then power down and up again and you should be back in operation. I never did liked the non robustness of the IC-7610 ability to stay connected. Its very unforgiving when it decides not to work, especially during packet loss episodes, IMHO!

If you can connect using RS-BA1 ver 1 or 2, then wfview should be a snap!

Good luck!

Kevin, WA6JKN

| ka1uln
13 November |

• | - |

I am not successful getting my 7610 running with wfview either.
i have it on a win10 pro.
i get the main view no freq… i have all the network info to get to my 7610 i am using wifi/network
the CI-V and model… manual radio civ address for 7610 is 98H
and nothing else comes back. the green and blue and NONE at the bottom right hand corner.

please help us!
73 ka1uln/Niece