WIN10 build 5/18

will do. Thanks for your effort

73 Jeff kb2m

Hi Elliot, everything works here, as you can see from the photo WF works with wsjt-x, jtalert, ham Radio Deluxe, pstrotator. the only thing you need to activate multiple doors to make them all talk together. I hope you enjoy it. 73 Ale iz4osh

2 Likes

I tried to do a quick run, file size of the wfview.log is 78 MB. Sorry I misread it as 80 KB before, not 80 MB. With my bad eyes and brain the 80 MB didn’t register after a 2 minute run??. Is there anyway to get a 78 MB file to Phil?

Hi Jeffrey,

The best thing to do would be to REMOVE the log file, and then open wfview, witness the issue, close wfview, and then send the log file. You probably have several days of interesting log messages built up there.

I was never much of a dos user, so I am not certain on the command to remove the file and will leave that to someone else to recommend.

–E

Ale,

Beautiful!

Can we show that screenshot on our website somewhere?

–E
de W6EL

you can show it on the web without problems. 73 Ale

One question, if I unpack in two different WFview folders the second folder I call it WFic756pro, I can launch two different WF sessions?

73 Ale

Hi Ale,

You can but it won’t make any difference in terms of the settings. Both copies will pull from the same settings. However, you might like that in terms of trying out different versions.

FYI I pushed code last night, and Roeland put it into the master repo, which has a GUI element for baud rate and CI-V address. You should be good to go soon for a windows build that lets you specify these data.

–E

Hi Ale

Not currently as the configuration is stored in the windows registry. Future versions should allow you to choose an ini file as a command line option for this.

There would be no need to have multiple copies of the program, just a different ini file.

Phil

I was under the impression that the file was created every time the program came up. I deleted the log then restarted wfview, tx failed after one rx/tx cycle…

wfview.log (15.3 KB)

73 Jeff kb2m

thanks for the answer, I did the test, the problem that on the rigciv register, serialportbaud, serialportradio are not added to the register but are only rewritten, therefore only one session remains active. I should add command riches to the registry, so ic7300 keeps its setup data, and ic756pro keeps its data detup. I hope I have been of help.

The new release for ic756pro looks.

73 Ale iz4osh

Thanks phil for the reply ,

in fact I have already done a test, by running the second session in the log file, the command lines for the second rtx are not added, but I tell you the test performed: I launched ic7300 with its setup data that works, then I launched the second session I opened the register and changed the baud speed and the com port, the two open sessions work, both rtx respond you have commands. Then clearly when I close the two WF sessions and restart the sil software remains with the last settings I made on the log, so just add the command lines to the log. Very good for a future .ini file that you can configure much simpler.

tnx 73 Ale iz4osh

Hi Phil,

Some know how to do something I don’t. How do I hook WSJT-X direct to wfview in Windows 10? If I can do that, then shouldn’t I be able to do the same with Flrig? And since I already have Flrig as the “radio” for WSJT-X, shouldn’t it all work out just fine?

Thanks for the details.

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the group. You might find this video helpful:
Operating an IC-705 with wfview and WSJT-X on Windows

I haven’t tried exactly what’s outlined in the video as I don’t use windows, but the video seems quite complete and pretty good.

–E
de W6EL