7610 TX Audio Garbled/Broken

I am using WFView Ver. 1.5, Icom 7610 and MacBook Air (MacOS High Sierra) and experiencing garbled and broken TX audio. All else (including RX audio) seems to be working fine. Any ides what I am doing wrong? Tried several mics and several “Audio Systems” menu items. No joy.

Thanks,

Dan N1DH
Middleboro MA

Hi Dan,

Can you click the Log button and tell us if you see any packet errors?

—E
de W6EL

Hello David!

I cleared the log and then made aa test transmission that lasted approx. 30 seconds. The log only shows:

2022-12-18 14:54:47.905 INF default: setState 3

2022-12-18 14:55:01.101 INF default: setState 0

2022-12-18 14:55:22.442 INF default: setState 3

2022-12-18 14:55:39.803 INF default: setState 0

Dan N1DH

Hi Dan,

Can you share your entire log? Just press “send to termbin” and then paste in the resulting URL here.

Also, what is your TX Latency slider set to in wfview?

–E
de W6EL

David,

TX latency is defaulted to 150 ms. Latency and packet loss is not likely. I am on a small LAN (no Internet) and all other features of WFView are working nicely. Rx audio is excellent.

https://termbin.com/dix9

Dan N1DH

Hi Dan,

What audio subsystem do you have selected?

Also, I noticed this is the audio device:

2022-12-18 15:30:02.942 INF audio: Input audio handler starting: "HW01"
2022-12-18 15:30:02.942 INF audio: Output audio handler starting: "HW01"

Any idea what a “HW01” is?

–E
de W6EL

Yes, HW01 is a bluetooth gaming headset. I have used it with Remotetx and RS-BA1 and it has sounded very good. All of the sound settings are default.

Thanks for the help Dave. Perhaps I should try a different mic anyway?

Dan N1DH

Hi Dan,

It’s worth trying something. I do use bluetooth headphones with linux sometimes and it seems to work.

You could also try the other audio back ends. But I would probably start with just trying another audio device if you have one available. If that clears it up, then we learn something.

–Elliott
de W6EL

Thanks Elllott. I’ll try a different mic tomorrow. I can make a copy of the TX video file so that you can actually hear what it sounds like. Maybe that will give you a clue.

How do I send you a JPG file?

Dan N1DH

You should be able to attach reasonable files here, including JPEG.

For a video, maybe look me up on qrz and send me an email.

Or you can post a private video on YouTube and just share the link.

—E
de W6EL

it’s a good measure to remove all variables Dan. So get away first with all the things not needed.

things like wireless, an BT, USB headset etc.

Thank you Roeland, good advice! I am temporarily tabling this issue until I get the login issue squared away first.

Dan N1DH

Elliott/Roeland,

I got the program working OK! You both had great suggestions and I have deployed your suggestions. I removed the Bluetooth headset and am now using a USB mic or the laptop built-in mic. Thanks guys! Wonderful help!

Happy holidays,

Dan N1DH

2 Likes

Really glad to hear it, Dan.

Enjoy,

–E
de W6EL

1 Like