"b" command does not work in Hamlib emulation to use radio internal keyer

“b” command does not work in Hamlib emulation to use radio internal keyer - will be nice to have it to use WiFi instead of cable

We will consider adding it.

Have you used wfview’s built-in CW keyer yet?

–E
de W6EL

1. I have some problem with this built in keyer - in Mnjaro built from sources using keyer crash wfview
  2. I want to use my logging app and wfview with Hamlib emulation

śr., 4 paź 2023, 17:04 użytkownik Elliott Liggett via wfview <noreply@wfview.org> napisał:

Hi Tom,

Got it. We’ll consider it, although the feature freeze is approaching fast.

Can you by chance do a debug build and run with gdb to see where it’s crashing? Also, have you tried each of the three available audio systems? You may find that one of them does not crash.

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

No I didn’t tried all sysmes - I will dig in to this.

Also I’m afraid that I’m not so experienced user regarding debugging, but I will try :slight_smile:

My uswcase is jus avoid cables and use WiFi.
I don’t need to have audio actually. I only need CAT, CW keying and waterfall, and will be nice to not sweetch between apps for CW keying, it’s unnecessary disruption during activation in field.

śr., 4 paź 2023, 17:43 użytkownik Elliott Liggett via wfview <noreply@wfview.org> napisał:

FIY:

and it’s for now unscheduled.

Hej Elliot

I ran wfview with gdb, when I want to send some CW then I get this :

Thread 1 “wfview” received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
QAudioOutput::state (this=0x0) at /usr/src/debug/qt5-multimedia/qtmultimedia/src/multimedia/audio/qaudiooutput.cpp:348
Downloading source file /usr/src/debug/qt5-multimedia/qtmultimedia/src/multimedia/audio/qaudiooutput.cpp

After downgrade qt5-multimedia i have still segfaults:

Thread 1 “wfview” received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff7c61db4 in QAudioOutput::state() const () from /usr/lib/libQt5Multimedia.so.5

Have you tried using RT Audio or PortAudio?

How to switch that ?

In settings “Audio system” in my case is grayed out …
How to compile wfview with other one ?

You have to disconnect first. Then you can change it and try connecting again.

That’s strange. No matter which system I pick I get the same error in gdb when I put something in the message field and press send.

Try turning-off local sidetone. I suspect that your machine doesn’t have a default audio output device, so the cw sender doesn’t know what to do?

Thanks

Phil

this is really annoying :

When I press checkbox to disable sidetone then again crash, this time :

Thread 20 “sidetone()” received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0x7fffb13fa6c0 (LWP 1321)]
QAudioOutput::stop (this=0x0) at /usr/src/debug/qt5-multimedia/qtmultimedia/src/multimedia/audio/qaudiooutput.cpp:210

Ok.
I’ve edited wfview.conf and set sidetone=false then run app, and now it works …
One step forward :slight_smile:
Now I’m waiting for implementation of rigctl -b …
Thanks Phil for Your input

It looks like an issue with your audio configuration, you need to make sure that you have a default audio output device configured.

Phil

Yes that’s the other option… Glad it’s working now.

Phil

Yeah , but apart CW part remain things are working, including transfer audio. I can hear audio from radio without issues.

CW Sidetone works differently to rig audio, with rig audio, you manually select which audio device to use. Sidetone simply outputs to the default audio device.

Phil