Band Stacking - V2

Thanks, Phil. I have already downloaded Qt v5.15.2. It is the last version before the v6s so I should be good there.

I found an already compiled set of PortAudio DLLs on github, and may give them a try for expediency.

1 Like

I have installed the Qt v5.15.2 but it installed in C:\Qt\5.15.2\winrt_x86_msvc2019 and when I try to build wfview, none of the Qt files can be found. For example, fro aboutbox.h:

#ifndef ABOUTBOX_H
#define ABOUTBOX_H

#include
#include

Can’t find QWidget, QDesktopServices.

Where should I place the Qt stuff?

Never mind. Missed some directions on the ‘how to build’ page.

Tried command line qmake but failed and now trying building with Qt Creator.

That sounds like your Qt build environment isn’t setup? Did you install the Qt add on for visual studio and configure it to point to your Qt installation?

73 Phil

If using qmake, you must use the correct Visual Studio cmd prompt (or run the vcvars_32.bat file) to tell it where to find your compiler.

Ah. I downloaded but forgot to install the Qt addon for VS.

I ran the vcvars_32.bat file and rebooted, but qmake still fails.

When I try to build from Qt Creator, it also fails, starting with:

H:\dave\Documents\projects\wfview-master\wfview\rthandler.cpp:23: error: C2061: syntax error: identifier ‘RtAudioError’

Please advise.

Qt Creator says it doesn’t know what RtAudioError is and do I mean RtAudioErrorType?
But if I change to that, I get:

catch (RtAudioErrorType& e) {
		qInfo(logAudio()) << "Error closing stream:" << aParams.deviceId << ":" << QString::fromStdString(e.getMessage());
	}

H:\dave\Documents\projects\wfview-master\wfview\rthandler.cpp:24: error: C2228: left of ‘.getMessage’ must have class/struct/union
…\wfview\rthandler.cpp(24): note: type is ‘RtAudioErrorType’

Ah yes you are best to back-off to the latest release of rtaudio as it looks like something has changed on the API?

Phil

If you have a command line git installed, the command you need to do (from the rtaudio main directory) is

git checkout tags/5.2.0 -b master

73 Phil

There is a bug report on rtaudio about this, it looks like RtAudioError is in the process of being removed in favour of not generating exceptions (which I wholeheartedly agree with) but as we need to support the released version on Linux, we can’t modify wfview yet to take advantage of this so checking-out the latest release is the best option.

73 Phil

Ok, thanks, Phil. I got my copy from:

I’ll look for something a bit older.

Dave

I found older releases for versions 5.1.0, 5.0.0, 4.1.2, and 4.1.1 tarbell.

Which version is in common use in wfview?

I just want to poke my head back in and say I am appreciating this thread more and more. I have to get my automated windows build back up and running soon, which will use all this information.

This path does have a few sharp curves!

Hi Dave.

The latest release is Release Release 5.2.0 · thestk/rtaudio · GitHub you can get a zip from there.

Thanks

Phil

Elliot,

What version of RTaudio are you using for the Windows build. It should be specified in RtAudio.h.

5.2.0 as I said in the previous post!

Sorry for the confusion. I thought I had downloaded 5.2.0 but when I look at MY RtAudio.h, it says:

#define RTAUDIO_VERSION “6.0.0beta1”

So I am going to go back to the real 5.2.0 and try this again!

Progress! With the real 5.2.0, wfview.pro builds in Qt Creator with only one error:

H:\dave\Documents\projects\wfview-master\wfview\wfmain.cpp:5839: error: C3861: ‘Pa_GetVersionInfo’: identifier not found

Does anyone know where that comes from?

Maybe this:

Apparently this symbol isn’t exported in some versions. You could just comment that line in wfmain.cpp out for now if this is holding you back. It’s probably not of big consequence for your testing.

–E
de W6EL