C-IV Transceive

yes I know the command line on the powershel and I use it, if you look at the last log I sent you see the 756pro which also communicates WF shows me smiter and other functions that go, only thing wrong and the waterfall but this doesn’t work with RS-BA either. Now I proceed to the test with ic7400 then I send you the log.

73 Ale

Very cool. If you get the debug flag going, you should see text like this in the log:

2021-05-15 16:38:41.267 DBG rig: Final payload in rig commander to be sent to rig:
2021-05-15 16:38:41.267 DBG rig: ---- Begin hex dump -----:
2021-05-15 16:38:41.267 DBG rig: "INDEX: 00 01 02 03 04 05 "
2021-05-15 16:38:41.267 DBG rig: "DATA:  fe fe 94 e1 03 fd "
2021-05-15 16:38:41.267 DBG rig: ----- End hex dump -----

that level of debug will get us through testing any type of rig.

Thank you very much for helping. I really appreciate the time you’re taking to explain things and test radios.

–E
de W6EL

Hi Elliot, as I promised you in the attachment you will find the log with the tests I performed with ic7400. rtx the band change performs well in all hf, in 2m I have to set it manually. after I have enabled the tx this also works without problem. the 7400 and connected to the portable PC, SB2000 MK2 interface brings com5 the com4 does not prove it because dedicated you have digital modes ft8, psk, rtty. Let me know if you need more data. 73 Ale iz4osh

wfview.log (11.2 KB)

1 Like

Thank you! When I get out of work today I’ll check it out.

–E
de W6EL

Good morning Elliot

Attached is the complete debug of the ic756pro ,

Sorry I saw your email asking me to debug now, but every day I get hundreds of messages, sometimes I can’t answer everyone.

The debug test I did should make you understand many things. I hope you like it.

73 Ale iz4osh

wfview.log (91 KB)

Hi Ale,

I completely understand being overwhelmed with messages every day. I’ve got the log, it looks good, definitely in debug mode!

And I do see a number of “FA” responses (“FA” = Fail) from the rig. So I’ll look into that.

These logs are incredibly useful because I can reply in my mind what’s happening between the rig and wfview. I have a folder here of every log file I’ve ever received from anyone, and it’s super valuable when I go in to squash bugs or tweak features.

Ok, one important note, I think you’re not running the latest code. I think you’ll see the rig at least get identified properly if you’re running wfview Release 1.

Thanks again!

–E
de W6EL

Hi Elliot

I confirm I am running version 1 that I downloaded yesterday.

I’m glad I made myself useful. 73 Ale

New Forum participant. Would like to know if the MID controller support is still in the works? Am all in using MIDI controllers and this would fit perfectly into my plans.
Thanks and 73…Robert W5IUA

Hi Robert,

MIDI controller support is on hold right now – we’ve got a lot going at the moment – but what controller did you have in mind? We may pick it up later and do it.

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

Elliot:

I am trying to use the Korg nanoKontrol Studio controller. This is a nice controller with large tuning knob, 8 sliders/control knobs, dozens of buttons to program and backlit buttons. Want to use it with software such as SDR Console, but also with OBS Studio which is used with my hams.live system to manage online SDRs. With this controller functional would be able to mute/unmute and easily change which radio receiver audio streams would be heard.

For more information on the system, please visit

73…Robert W5IUA