Cant connect over wan

I can connect over lan fine. Trying to connect via my no-ip address…ive typed that in the radio ip address field…when trying to connect it simply says searching civ bus for connected radios and then stops…using the latest release and ic-7610

Hi Jamie,

Sounds like a network issue. Have you port-forwarded the correct ports on your router?

–E
de W6EL

Yes…and civ transcieve is on

Did you make sure to match the port numbers on both sides? Ie, WAN port 50001 forwards to LAN port 50001? And you got all three right, as UDP-type?

–E

Actually have them as both, tcp and udp…does that matter?

“both” should be ok, I think I do that sometimes. And you have the right internal IP address, correct? And your WAN address, have you confirmed that it is correct? I would try using the WAN ip address before you try a hostname (ie, dynamic dns).

Any IPV6 in the mix?

–E
de W6EL

Mea culpa…i had the hamshack pc ip address entered, not the radio ( left over from win4icom)…changed to the radio ip, and i can connect, if i use the wan ip…no joy using my ddns name…

So even though i can connect, i dont see the stats displayed in the lower right, no audio…instead, Radio Login OK is displayed…

Hi Jamie,

Usually that means one of the three ports is not working, or that CI-V Transceive is not enabled (some common ham programs turn it off).

–E
de W6EL

Ok, think i have it now, port 50003 was set for udp, changed it to both, and working now…and…my ip changed and my no ip name didnt follow, i thought that was the point of using ddns names !!!

Hi Jamie.

it definitely only needs UDP but I wouldn’t worry if it works :blush:

As far as DDNS, are you running a DDNS client somewhere on your network? This is often a feature of your router or can be a software running on a PC that periodically checks your external address and updates the remote server when it changes.

73 Phil M0VSE

~WRD0001.jpg

Not running anything that I am aware of…I did sign up for an account at no-ip.com that i thought associated my cable internet router ip address with a name that i specified…somehow my ip address changed, and my ddns name was still associated with the old address

Hi Jamie.

Yes that’s likely why, when you first sign up with no-ip.com, it will use your current address but it has no way of knowing if your address has changed.

You can either run their dynamic update client on your PC or (if supported) configure your router to update it.

73 Phil M0VSE

Thanks Phil, already working on it…