Cant connect to 7610 over the internet

I can connect to my 7610 over my LAN just fine. But get no connection from another location at all. I have done the Port Forwarding of the three ports on my router as best I know how. But, if I go to www.portchecktool.com, it times out. In fact, it times out on any port I try. Is there something else I need to do on my router? Do I need to Open NAT Filtering or anything like that?
Any help would be appreciated.
By the way, I am using Windows 10 and a Netgear R6900v2 router.

Thanks
Ron NT4W

Hi Ron,

Please make sure you have forwarded UDP (not TCP). It’s also difficult to probe for open UDP ports, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it fails to be scanned remotely, even if it is configured correctly.

It’s also essential that the port number not change as the data traverse your firewall/router. This is because the protocol sends the port numbers from one side to the other. So make sure the port number is the same external as it is internal.

If you want, send us a screenshot of the port forwarding part, it may help us spot something.

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

Thanks again Elliot. Here is a screenshot of my portforwarding edit screen.
I am going to a distant house tomorrow and will try the remote again. Who knows, it may work.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Looks good to me. Let us know how it goes.

–E
de W6EL

Well, you were exactly right. It worked fine from my parents’ house. I made a couple of contacts from there and it worked great. Just to be sure it didn’t leave anything hung up, I had my wife at home watching my radio. Guess I will have to learn to trust this setup. One suggestion for the software, unless I missed it, is an assignable key (or the spacebar) for push to talk. I have trouble missing the button with my mouse. Not a big deal, but it would be nice.

By the way, you guys are doing a great job on this program and I thank you.

Ron

NT4W

Hi Ron,

Glad to hear it and it’s a pleasure. Control-R and Control-T can be used for transmit and receive. You can also use the space bar once you’ve clicked the transmit button, as it then receives the keyboard focus.

See here for more keystrokes:
https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/keystrokes/

Thanks again,

–E
de W6EL

Guess I should read all of the documentation. Thanks for that and everything else.

Ron