Can't get server and client working, IC-7300

Hallo Frank,
nun ich bin auf Wfview noch relativ neu.
Nun unter win 10 Pc als Server und als Client klappte das bei mir sogar als DYN-DNS mit einer öffentlichen IP-Adresse recht gut.
Diese Probleme hatte ich nicht.
Bei mir will der Raspberry pi 4 nicht als Server für den Client PC (Win 10) funktionieren.
Hab vom anderen Frank schon einen Tip bekommen den Zweig für den Wfserver zu editieren. Dies brachte aber keinen Erfolg.
Na dann noch einen schönen Abend!
Vy 73 de Jan-Peter
DL3KVT

Hallo Frank,
bei wird auch die Audioübertragung nach einiger Zeit plötzlich schlechter. Habe heute nochmal das Skript am Raspi laufen lassen in der Hoffnung, dass die Änderung von Phil etwas bringt. Konnte es aber noch nicht weiter testen.
vy73, Frank

Hallo Frank,
erstmal danke für die Mühe!
Nun ich hab das Script so angepasst wie beschrieben. Nach Master die Zeile mit dem # auskommentiert , das sie nur ein Kommentar wurde. So….

git clone --depth 1 Elliott Liggett / wfview · GitLab !!!

Unter

Wfserver

Habe ich dann das # gelöscht!!! So

git clone --depth 1 Elliott Liggett / wfview · GitLab -b wfserver

So!!!

Dann neu abgespeichert und alles neu gestartet und neu compilieren lassen. Funktioniert aber nicht. Unter ein 10 PC geht es gleich … will ja aber kein Win 10 Server haben :slight_smile:
Viele Grüße Jan-Peter

Moin Jan-Peter,
mehr hab ich auch nicht gemacht.
Wenn es immer noch nicht geht, kann nur Elliot oder Phil helfen.
vy73
Frank

Ja Frank,
Danke Dir erstmal!
dann haut hier noch immer die Rechtschreibprüfung rein und setzt alles um.
Ich schau mir mal die Einstellungen nochmal im IC 7300 an. Aber dann hätte es ja unter win 10 auch nicht geklappt.
Vielen Dank!!! Trotzdem!!!
De Jan-Peter

Wenn es Dich tröstet:
bei mir funktioniert der Server nur am Raspi, nicht auf Win10 :slight_smile:
Frank

Hallo Frank dazu muss ich Dir wieder sagen,
Auf dem Win 10 Pc hatte ich da die 1.1 Version drauf und die funktionierte als Client mit dem Raspi.
Der die 1.2e drauf hat

Nun hab ich natürlich auf dem Pc die 1.2d drauf.

Knobel knifflig… :wink:

Hallo Frank,
Eben Blödsin erzählt
Der Win 10 Server war die 1.2d Version und kein Raspi!
Oh je… sorry!

Hello dear Phil,
can you help me? like Frank, I have problems with Rasbperry as a server for the Windows 10 client. have already edited the Wfserver branch in the script. Nevertheless, the Raspi does not find the client PC and vice versa! Raspi has 1.2e. and Windows (Client) 1.2d many thanks Jan-Peter- DL3KVT

Hello Phil,

This afternoon I made some further tests, but unfortunately there wasn’t a real improvement.
In reception it seemed that the periode without artefacts is a little bit longer. Instead of a few seconds, I have now ten to thirty seconds of artefact free reception.
When I transmit there still is the problem with the chopped up signal. I tried also to apply LPCM instead of Opus, but it the problem didn’t disappear.
If I have time tomorrow, I will run the system vice versa i.e. my PC with Win10 will be the server and the Raspberry Pi 4 the client.
I will report the outcome.
73 Frank F5VBD/DF1KT

Hi Frank

I made a few updates yesterday which may help this. Also I would recommend switching back to master now as all of my changes have been merged.

During my testing of Pi4, I discovered that there are a few regular processes that I needed to disable. One is the WiFi discovery which runs every 30 seconds. I can’t remember what I did to disable it but a Google of pi4 disable WiFi discovery should find it.

73 PHIL

Also, to see if it is due to CPU starvation, you can run the following commands from another terminal window:

ps | grep wfview
top -H -p <pid (first number) returned in the previous command>

This will then show you the individual threads of the wfview process together with their CPU usage. If any one thread is using 25% of the CPU, as the Pi4 is quad core, this means the thread is using 100% of a single core. The important ones for you are rxAudio() and txAudio()

The named threads are something that I only added yesterday, so you must update your repository and rebuild wfview first.

73 Phil M0VSE

Hi Phil,
i installed the new version with the fullbuild-wfview.sh script.
But now, in both versions (wfserver or wfview) i have the problem, that the wfview-process at the raspi was suddenly terminated. The time from start to termination is from a few seconds till a few minutes. I do not know, what is the reason for that.

The last entries of the raspi-logfile are:
2022-05-04 17:47:53.780 INF udp: udpServer : sending request for multiple missing packets : “e134e134e634e634”
2022-05-04 17:47:53.879 INF udp: udpServer : sending request for missing packet : “0x15ca”
2022-05-04 17:47:53.880 INF udp: udpServer : sending request for multiple missing packets : “e134e134e634e634”
2022-05-04 17:47:53.885 INF udp.server: “::ffff:192.168.178.43” ( “Audio” ): Missing SEQ has been received! “0x34e1”
2022-05-04 17:47:53.900 INF udp.server: Detected missing packet 13549
2022-05-04 17:47:53.979 INF udp: udpServer : No response for missing packet 5578 deleting

The wfserver-installaton from a few days before had not such a problem.
Do have any idea about that ?
vy 73
Frank

Hi Frank.

Nothing has changed in the last few days which is likely to cause this. If you are seeing a lot of retransmission requests, this usually suggests an issue with the underlying connection (wired or wireless?). This is difficult for me to diagnose as I rarely see any retransmissions on my LAN…

Incidentally, I would recommend only using the master branch from now on as I am likely to be making changes to wfserver which may effect stability as I try various changes across various platforms.

If you can post the full server log, I will try to see if I can see anything.

73 Phil M0VSE

Hi Phil,
it is a wired connection.
I will try the master- branch and make a few more tests. Perhaps it has to do with a hf-problem, because someone told me, that my Modulation is hardly to unterstand and buzzes.
vy73
Frank

Hi Frank,
well I don’t think it’s an RF problem for you. rather I think that the main branch is not working properly yet! It doesn’t work at all for me either. That’s why I use the Wfserver and have no problems at all … no dropouts, no latency drops and modulation was also certified as very good.
Vy 73 de Jan-Peter