Configurable TRUE PTT key?

I find it odd that there is no option to configure a TRUE PTT key on my keyboard (or to adjust the default key definitions).

I want to use WfView on a device without a keyboard (such as a Surface Pro in tablet mode). Or a regular tablet with remote desktop.

Control-T and Control-R are awkward to use on a device that lacks a keyboard. And it’s also frustrating that the function is a toggle rather than a momentary feature (or a configurable choice).

The point is that WfView does not seem to have a true “PTT” function… it’s a “click on / click off” function. And in addition to being awkward without a keyboard, that makes it too easy to accidently leave transmit turned on.

I want to know that if I’m not touching the keyboard or mouse that the radio will always be in receive mode…

Am I missing something?

I don’t think you missed anything. Do you?

See our website for a list of supported hardware controllers, which can do PTT toggle and PTT momentary.

—E
de W6EL

Perhaps you would consider this?

https://www.amazon.com/Contour-Design-Shuttle-Xpress-Multimedia-Controller/dp/B0001DBEKG

It will adress all your issues mentioned… all buttons customizable

73 - SM0NOR

1 Like

That is definitely the best way.

Unlike keyboard commands, the hardware controller will work even when another program is in the foreground.

—E
de W6EL