Contour Shuttle

I’m about to order a Contour Shuttle Xpress to use as a tuning aid for wfview.

Looking at the User Manual, it looks like I would plug it in and set it up on my local computer as if I was using it here and then configure my host computer in VE3 to accept input from it as if it was connected to the host.

Have I got that right, or do I just set it up here and it will treat it like scroll wheel input from my mouse? Remember, I am connecting to my host computer via Chrome Remote Desktop, not client/server, which I can’t implement because to lack of access to router ports.

Ken VE3HLS

Hi Ken,

USB device controllers, such as the Shuttle, are not supported for remote desktop users.

It would work fine with wfview to wfview connections though.

To make it work you would need some kind of software that can relay USB devices over your remote desktop system.

Sorry. Maybe someone here can help.

–E
de W6EL

The scroll wheel on my USB mouse adjusts the frequency just fine. It’s just clumsy. I thought the wheel on the Shuttle would substitute for the mouse wheel?

Ken VE3HLS

Hi Ken,

See our manual.

You can assign all the buttons and such. The school is implemented carefully for tuning and works even when your mouse is in other programs or hovering over other controls.

—E
de W6EL

Looks like a moot point at the moment. Half the sellers don’t ship to Thailand, the other half want more than the shuttle is worth to ship, and the only dealer in Thailand wants TWICE what they’re worth everywhere else, PLUS they want me to pay for shipping from the U.S.! I’ll wait until I’m richer.

Maybe I can cannibalize a mouse for the wheel?

Ken VE3HLS