CW send not practical

Hello CW Ops,
i installed the software and use this mainly in CW.
So, the kind of sending the characters life is not practicalble.
In semi break-in (or QSK) the characters going on the ar after you push the TX (enter) or put an “Space” after single character or an word.
This make working on long QSOs, during this you send sentence.
If you want to answer quickly, as normal way of exchnage on the air, thats bad.
The OP partner will wait until you put the word and after that send it to him back.

Im sure, this pomnt should be improved.
I mean, you are going to start to send with the keyboard and the radio should start to send it from the first character imidiately (or just with smnall delay to cover the latency) and than keep it going.

The same think ist with RS-BA! V2.
This both are on that point unusable.
I use also FlexRadio (I do not want to make cell adverstisement), but on remote site, you can put the radio to “Live” and when you type on the keyboard all wat you send will be send imidiately.

What about?
Thanks, Emil, de DL8JJ

It appears like you are facing delays :neutral_face: while using CW software especially in half break in mode. This delay can be difficult during quick exchanges in qsos. To ensure better performance, the program should begin communicating quickly.

we actually use the cw send feature of the rig itself. this means that you always will face latency/delays.
In the current setup it’s an limitation. WFVIEW itself tries to mimic RSBA1 in this sense.

Without additional, portable software and local keys etc, it’s hard to do so.

And when you come up with flex: my experiences are that latency is a feature (no a less favourable way…)

Thats not exactly. Flex have minimum latency. here we have complitely different case.
The problem is, that if you tipe without to hit enter, or put space on it, the RIG will NOT send the sequence.
flex do it imidiately in LIVE modus.
Of course they are some delay, but not on that pont.
I opened case via Icom EU directly to Icom developer in japan, so that they will change this on BS1.
This is essential to work on CW well.
For chat with friend of you, or use the memory button, okey, will work, but just OK, nor well and far not great.
If you use the RIG oppertunities, breack-in means that every character (with or without space or enter) will be send imidiately via the rig in the air.
It will be great, if you can change this.
Thanks, Emil de DL8JJ
PS:
Additional, we can do an zoom meeting and i can show you all live. vy 73 Emil
markus have the same feature on iOS “Live” for Flex, Icom and Yaesu - this works great.