CW with N1MM+ Logger

Hi, I have an IC-705, WFVIEW and N1MM+ logger on a Microsoft Surface Pro 9
I want to send CW using N1MM+ logger via WLAN to the IC-705
Does WFVIEW support this?
73, TC

Hi.

Not directly, but you can connect N1MM+ to wfview via a virtual serial port. Sharing Control Overview | wfview

73 Phil M0VSE

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply. I have N1MM+ connected to the IC-705 wirelessly through wvfiew using a virtual serial port. (N1MM+ is reflecting the frequency which I tune the radio to). But the CW, generated by N1MM+, does not key the IC-705. I have tried N1MM+ using direct USB connection (not using wfview) and it keys the IC-705 OK. So wondering whether there is a trick I’m missing to do CW wirelessly?
73, Tim

Hi Tim,

How are you keying the CW? N1MM supports multiple modes. If you are using DTR/RTS keying, then this cannot work, as this information isn’t available over WiFi/LAN connections.

The only method that can possibly work is “CW Keying Over CAT Commands” https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/interfacing/#cw-keying-using-cat-commands

It is not as flexible as the other methods, as it simply tells the rig to send individual strings of characters, and isn’t officially supported by the N1MM+ developers. It also doesn’t allow you to use the N1MM+ CW keyboard to send (although you should be able to use the wfview CW window for this.

73 Phil

Ah, that’s useful to know; thanks Phil.
So it looks like I will have to revert to USB lead connection to use CW sending from N1MM+ keyboard… Fine except the USB link makes lots of noise on the upper HF bands! I’d better try even more ferrites!.. :open_mouth:
Thanks again for your help!
73, Tim