Dual Passband Tuning (PBT)

I really like having the ability to resize the PBT above the wfview waterfall! wfview only works on my IC-7610 as one PBT, not as a dual (TWIN-PBT) adjustment.

Specifically, I am not able to adjust PBT1 and/or PBT2 independently. It’s working as only one combined PBT adjustment. Why is this request important? Example; If I could adjust PBT1 and/or PBT2 independently, I would able to narrow and cut off unwanted QRM on either side-band.

BTW, I noticed that wfview shows the PBT 1 & PBT2 patterns (above the waterfall) when I make the adjustment from the radio’s TWIN-PBT knob only, not by using the mouse to resize either PBT when it’s displayed using wfview.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Kevin, WA6JKN

how do you try to move it? There are two ways to move stuff around. On the passband itself but also as a pop-out if you click more controls. you can move each independently. you can reset back to default and you can, by moving two in the same direction, shift the IF (which also is a slider there)

Roland,

Where do I trigger the pop-out and/or click more controls?

Best regards,
Kevin, WA6JKN

See here:
https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/view-tab/

The “More Controls” button shows the sliders for both Pass Band Filters.

But do note, you can use the right mouse button to drag the edges of the red filter area once the filters are adjusted. And if you have the “More Controls” window open, you’ll see what it’s actually doing.

–E
de W6EL

E,

I’m embarrassed. The “More Controls” button was right in front of me on the wfview screen and I did not see it! I am now calibrated!

It Twin-PBT works great on wfview! Thank you to “ALL” for bringing this important feature to my attention!

Lesson Learned: RTFManual

Best Regards,
Kevin, WA6JKN

It’s all good!

“More Controls” isn’t exactly descriptive! We’re looking at a way, for future versions, to just let the user drag around widgets and customize the main view window. There’s just so many ways to do it and I can’t really seem to put my finger on one “exact” organization that is any better than any other.

I think now that wfview supports a pretty healthy set of features, it is time to investigate what we can do to deduct clutter but also honor the user’s wish for focus on particular controls.

Qt actually supports draggable widgets. The only holdup is that it does not work with tabs (such as wfview has at the top). We’ll figure out a way though!

—E
de W6EL

E,

Thank you! In regards to “More Control” getting a more descriptive name, the old school “Menu” name is what comes to mind. As more controls are added, the next drill down might be something like “Set” or “Function”, then a specific name like Twin-PBT in a drop down, etc.

If the main theme for wfview is remote operations, I would not add too many features other than basic control of the radio. RS-BA1 is way to busy and unnecessary IMHO. Someday, if wfview is written for a smart phone like apple, it can become really busy as you know if too many features are added.

wfview is working perfectly on my IC-7610 and I can’t remember the last time I used RS-BA1 ver 2. That my friend speaks volumes about wfview’s excellent “touch and feel” and “dependability” in the remote operation space. I’m very impressed!

Best regards,
Kevin, WA6JKN

The realstate on a smart phone screen is

Im sure you have already thought of the drill down menu approach.

1 Like

Thank you!

I agree with you about RSBA1. I’ve not tried it personally but it does look very cluttered.

We’ll strive for a reasonable default set. But I am sure letting the end user drag elements around (and even disable them) will provide a good experience. It’ll also let us do things like dual spectrum or pop-out meters.

Flexibility.

—E
de W6EL