Error Compiling

I have tried several times with a brand new script downloaded from github.

My log was sent here: https://termbin.com/e5ju3

I’ve had a couple of friends recommend kappanhang as it seems to just work for them. Is that a good option?

Hi Mark.

What operating system/platform? This looks like an issue that I have seen with older Raspberry Pi computers due to memory exhaustion but it’s difficult to say.

Kappanhang provides a very basic interface compared to wfview.

Thanks

Phil

Kappanhang basically tx rx, so. Only controls on the cli.

Do a make only w/o the j param

It’s a RaspberryPi 3B+. I expect memory is the issue. I installed Kappanhang and it works very well, although it is indeed very basic. I’m getting a RaspberryPi 4 next and doubt I will have any problems installing Wfview.

Thanks!

Per @roeland If you edit the build script and change:

make -j2

to:

make

Then it may compile without any issues. Make the edit and then run the script again, it will probably work.

–E
de W6EL

I’m trying with a Raspberry pi 4 and I get “no such file or directory” for libudev.h. Log file at termbin.com/lbvh.

Dennis Engdahl
NR6J

Hi Dennis.

Two things:

• please don’t post unrelated questions/information to an existing topic, simply click the “New Topic” button at the top of the page.
  • Next to the New Topic button is a “Search” function, where if you search for libudev you will see a number of answers to this question!

In answer to your question, please enter the following command to install libudev:

sudo apt-get install libudev-dev

73 Phil M0VSE

You are so right! Sorry - I even remember seeing that command earlier!

Dennis

while it’s fixed, I thing it’s important for people to have them introduced to google.

the first (!) 61.300 results I have here with the question:

“no such file or directory” for libudev.h

directly will give the answer(s).

Above is not personally directed but just a remark that it does help to get yourself better if you search things yourself first. A spoon-fed answer will not hold as good as having to google it first.

1 Like