How to setup Sharing Control with Com0Com

In the user manual there is the “Share Control” section with links to virtual Port emulators. The Com0Com is the only free package.
I understand this is version 2.2.2 Does anybody know if this works on Windows 10 x64 and is it a signed version?
How about the way to have it installed via the command prompt?
I understand a Port CNA0 and CNB0 is created, but how to create a COM10/11? Need to use Putty because there is no GUI?
Does anyone have a step by step instruction?

When Googling I also found on Sourge Force version 3.0.0, signed for Windows 7. Does this work?
Who can help me out?

73, PA3BZT

1 Like

Hi Fred.

During development I have only used the commercial offerings. If there is a v3.0.0 signed version of com0com then it is probably worth trying as there is no reason why it shouldn’t work with wfview!

I will try to get it installed over the weekend and write-up some instructions.

73 Phil

~WRD0001.jpg

Hi Phil,
Did you had a chance to look into Com0Com ?

73, Fred

Hi Fred.

I haven’t I’m afraid, but this version seems to be recommended for Win4Icom so I would be surprised if it didn’t work. The setup is described here and it would be much the same for wfview Third Party Software and Hardware Integration - Win4IcomSuite for Icom Radios

73 Phil M0VSE

Might want to update the sharing page in the manual with this signed 3.0.0.0. Much nicer experience than the janky looking 2.2 from 2012.