IC-706MKII no PTT

I have a DigiRig hooked up to my IC-706MKII everything seems to work but the PTT.
I have RTS for PTT enabled.
Now on WSJTX has no problems doing CAT and PTT, I wanted to be able to use the Hamlib interface to make it easier to switch between radios.
I would attach a log but don’t see that option

Tell us more!

https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/how-to-send-a-logfile/

–E
de W6EL

One thing I will add, Ronald, make sure nothing else is using the serial port on the computer, including any “com port sharing” applications. wfview needs to own the connection to the serial port in able to set the RTS status. This status can’t be forwarded easily.

–E
de W6EL

I can change the freq, modes. just will not transmit when I hit the TX button in wfview.
I did do a reboot to make sure nothing had control of the serial port
Log File.
I can use other CAT software with the 706MKII and the TX functions, it must be something I have set up wrong.

R
KW7IBE

Did you enable tx? In the settings…

Hi Ron,

I think the issue is that we don’t have the IC-706 MKII in the code. We have the MKII G, which has a different CI-V address.

By chance can you set the CI-V address of the radio to 0x58 (the default address of the IC-706MKII G) and try again? I believe there is a “set mode” where you can do this on the radio.

Sorry that this is so annoying. But I think that will do the trick.

–E
de W6EL

Well I tried the CI-V address 58 wfview works but then seems to break RigCtld for WSJT-X and wfview has no communication and switching it back to 4E WSJT-X can control the frequency just no PTT.

It’s not the end of the world, Thanks for the Help

R
KW7IBE

Hi Ron,

Thank you for testing it out!

If you feel up for it, can you send us a log to show how it behaves set at 0x58?

The next version of wfview will probably work much better in this regard. I’ll try and do some testing with my 706 MKIIG, which I have in the truck but with the CI-V cable poking out behind the dash.

—E
de W6EL

Sure glad to help,
Here is the log file, i tried to connect wsjt-x with RigCtld not sure if that comes across in the logs.

Log File

R
KW7IBE

Thank you, Ron.

It looks like WSJT-X is connecting over and over again. Hmm. Well, we’ll see what we can do with our next version, I’ll try and test it out more with some older rigs I have here.

Thank you for sending this,

–E
de W6EL

I suspect that wsjt-x is asking for something that the IC706 can’t provide, the current rigctld implementation will likely not respond in this situation, so wsjt-x then thinks it has lost connection and tries to re-connect?

I don’t think that I ever tested the ‘old’ rigctld with rigs that have more limited commands available. I have completely re-written the rigctld server for the upcoming v2 of wfview and it should handle this situation in a different (hopefully better) way, but I will test it.

Thanks

Phil

1 Like

Let me know if you need more testing ill be happy to help out.

R
KW7IBE