IC-7610 Settings

I have to manually select serial device and CI-V address. Is that normal for this radio? Wfview is running on an M1 MacBook Pro.

Hi John,

If you have “CI-V Transceive” set to “ON” on the IC-7610, then you should not need to manually define the CI-V address in wfview.

Turning on CI-V Transceive has other advantages such as faster user interface updates in wfview. Unfortunately, some programs tend to turn CI-V Transceive off automatically, and they don’t turn it back on, so one has to check the rig now and then to make sure.

Future versions of wfview will address this better.

Hope it’s working otherwise,

–Elliott
de W6EL

CI-V Transceive is on. I’ll try it again in auto.

The program runs great using USB. I have yet to try connecting over LAN.

73, John N1JM

Hi John,

You will really like it over LAN, the waterfall is much smoother.

Let us know if it doesn’t work.

–E
de W6EL

I set the CI-V address to auto and that works.

I’ve got a small 5 port switch on order to try it on LAN.

Thanks.

I’m now connected over LAN but no waterfall or spectrum scope. Everything else seems ok. What am I missing?

John N1JM

Hi John,

Verify that CI-V Transceive didn’t get turned off. Do you see a model number in the lower-right corner of wfview?

–E
de W6EL

CI-V Transceive is on. No model number in lower right. Also S meter , attenuator/preamp and antenna selectors not working. I also had to manually set CI-V address.

Hi John,

For whatever reason, wfview is not identifying your radio. This is why almost nothing is working.

We regularly use the IC-7610 with wfview. So we know that it generally works alright.

Can you verify that “CI-V Unlink from Remote” is set? Can you verify that you have the most recent version of wfview (Relase 1)?

And lastly… can you send me the logfile?

Thanks,

–E

Hi John,

Here is how to generate a very useful debug log on the mac. I am assuming you have wfview.app inside the Applications folder. If not, please move it there for these directions:

rm ~/Downloads/wfview.log
cd /Applications
open wfview.app --args --debug

Run it for a little while, try changing frequencies, etc. Now send us the log file:

open ~/Downloads/wfview.log

(you can then copy-paste the log file text or just send that file as an email attachment)

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

I see no where that says what version it is, but I am sure I downloaded version 1. CI-V Unlink from Remote” is set.

wfview.log (376.0 KB)

Thank you, John, this is perfect.

Looking it over now.

–E
de W6EL

Hi John,

I don’t have a precise answer for what you’re seeing, but, can you try turning off the spectrum on the radio before starting wfview, and just see if that makes any difference? It shouldn’t, but it might.

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

Before to get something to work I had to manually set CI-V address. Well I just turned back to auto and everything is working now. Waterfall and spectrum are much faster than with USB. Right hand lower corner now says IC-7610. Sorry for all that.

John N1JM

Hi John,

I’m glad it’s working. You still found a bug though. The IC-7610 doesn’t seem to answer our request for Rig ID when it is sent to the correct CI-V address rather than broadcasted out. Very odd.

–E
de W6EL