IC7100 / Win 11 working good / Need SRDuno?

Working nice with IC7100 and 2 Win 11 PC’s . I an report all features working,
Only thing missing is a Panadapter. Any way to stream SRDuno from my RSP1a along with the remote control session ??
Thanks for the development :slight_smile:

KD9UOB

I’m looking for a similar solution. I have a 7100 with an IF tap into an AirSpy all controlled by HDSDR which controls mode and frequency of the 7100 by clicking on the waterfall display. It makes the whole thing as good as a more modern radio. The only suggestion so far has been to use some sort of remote desktop, but I would prefer an all in one solution in wfview.
Tony
G3OVH

Have either of you tried the remote SPY Server? Supposedly a Raspberry Pi can be the server, and then you can connect to the AirSpy remotely. I would think that gets you close. It’s not within wfview, but it’s better than a remote desktop connection.

Scroll down to “Using the SPY Server for Remote SDR Operation

–E
de W6EL

Hi Elliott

But surely that doesn’t give rig control. We don’t just want to see the spectrum. The HDSDR/Hamlib combination controls the 7100 frequency by clicking on the waterfall or spectrum.

Tony

Hi Tony,

When you click on a frequency, I assume the program makes a CI-V command to the radio using hamlib, correct? It must have something like that to talk to the radio. Assuming it has this, you would need to simply point the HDSDR/Hamlib to either the pseudo-terminal (“fake serial port”) that wfview makes, or, if the program allows, the hamlib rigctl-type TCP/IP connection that wfview creates.

Here are the how-to’s:
Rigctld emulation:
https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/hamlib-rigctld-emulation/

Pseudo-serial port:
https://wfview.org/wfview-user-manual/sharing-control/

The pseudo-terminal and rigctld options in wfview are created specifically for this kind of thing, where one needs more than one program to control the radio at the same time. Both methods allow for frequency and mode changes, as you would expect. The pseudo-port method is a raw fake serial port, and any program designed to talk over serial to a radio should just work (but only one can use it at a time). The rigctld TCP/IP method is a more modern approach, and multiple client programs can connect at the same time for radio control.

–E
de W6EL

Thanks Elliott, that’s a very useful explanation for those of us that don’t understand these things as well as you guys. Time to experiment!

Tony

Hi Tony,

If you do get it working, I’d be very interested in the details. I think a few users have asked about similar tricks with SDR tapped radios.

–E
de W6EL

Hello POGOTV. I am struggling to get Win 11 to send the audio to my USB Headset or any output device on the Win11 box. I can make it work using a 3rd party virtual audio cable. Can you share images and details of your solution?

The same radio setup works on my Win10 box. The ultimate goal is to set the Win 11 box up as a remote.

ICOM 7300
Win 11 box
H390 Headset.
Thanks

A great project.
Paul
KC5CYY