Icom 7300

Can’t seem to connect to my Icom 7300 on my windows 10 laptop? I think have set all the parameters in radio correctly. The only problem I see on laptop is

1. List item

Hi Terry,

Check this google document for radio setting details.

Within wfview, you merely need to select the proper com port device and then press “Connect” under settings.

–E
de W6EL

Elliot,

Thanks, I’m now connected but the program is in full screen and I can’t see frequency info clearly in lower left corner? Also don’t see the waterfall. I can turn radio on and off and rest of commands seem to work fine.

Do you see “NONE” or “IC-7300” in the bottom-right corner?

“NONE” usually means that CI-V Transceive is OFF on the radio. It needs to be ON for proper rig identification.

F11 will enter and exit full screen.

–E
de W6EL

Even when I minimize screen the lower left and right corners do not show complete info on corners? Also the waterfall windows don’t show what is on radio? Thanks for your help. Should I download the window beta now?

You could try the beta, sure, but it sounds like you may still have an issue.

What is your screen resolution?

Can you send a screenshot to us (and tell me what version you’re showing)?

Thanks,

–E
de W6EL

Screen resolution is 3200X1800

Hi Terry,

I see the IC-7300 in the title bar, so you’re close.

You’re experiencing a font scaling issue which has to do with the high DPI of your display. I think we fixed this in the latest beta, give it a try and see if it is any better.

–E
de W6EL

Everything looks good now except waterfall?

Hi Terry.

If they were taken at the same time, the radio doesn’t have anything on the scope/waterfall either and the S meter is S0. That looks like you don’t have an aerial plugged-in?

73 Phil M0VSE

Phil, you are correct, I’m on a dummy load while setting WFVIEW on new radio and the software. I will hook to antenna as soon as I get another laptop so I can run sever and client. Thanks for all your help!!