Installer Error v1.1 26July2021

I received this message when installing on a Windows 10 LG laptop:

Installer Error

Error during installation process (org.wfview.wfview):
Execution failed (Unexpected exit code: 3010): “C:\Program Files (x86)
\wfview\vc_redist.x86exe /passive/norestart”
[Retry] [Ignore} [Cancel]

</message box>

I pressed “Retry” and the same message. I then pressed “Ignore”.
The program starts and shows the GUI. I’m proceeding with a YouTube video I’m following, but not sure if it will work or not.

Ken

1 Like

After installing, does it happen again if you start wfview? (not the installer but wfview itself)

Hi Ken

That is the Microsoft Visual Studio redistributable installation and an exit code of 3010 indicates that a reboot of the computer is required before installation can complete.

If wfview works then I wouldn’t worry about it as you likely already have a compatible version installed. If not then try rebooting and then run the installation again.

73 Phil M0VSE

Thanks, I’ve been able to use wfview so it is apparently not causing problems.
It does NOT happen when I start wfview.
I have not tried running the installer again, I’ll see what happens on the next install.
Thanks for the answers.
Issue closed.

I recently ran into similar issues on an install. Discovered that booting into safe mode with network support allowed me to install without the errors. It ran perfectly from regular windows.

Eric and others,

Did you try ‘Run as Administrator’ (rather than safe-mode) - right-click on the installer, and then:

kjolfnkccgpfldjj.png

Just a thought - 73’s - Glenn

Yes I tried but, it required a dependency of an older version that wouldn’t run on a newer version.