M803 marine/ham transceiver

I have a first draft of a rigctld based controller. It handles two rigs now (could be n rigs) and can clone one to the other via the arrows. I use the mouse/wheel on the sliders to change frequency, but it can be directly entered in the QLineEdit box.

It also controls Wfview thru rigctld, which is great because the IC-705 creates RFI when using USB, but not with WiFi. So a laptop can display the waterfall, and be controlled via rigctld.

Unfortunately, the full/partial blackouts continue. I left Wfview running during the night connected to an IC-705 via WiFi. In the morning, the waterfall was frozen, and the program went from using 46 MiB to 2 GiB. It was using 100% of one of the 12 CPUs. Normally, it uses 1% of all CPUs with the waterfall and 0.3% without. I repeated the same thing the next night with the waterfall off, and everything was fine.

Today the program started at 40 MiB, and in 20 minutes was at 125 MiB. I restarted with no changes and memory once again began at 40 MiB but this time held steady at 43 MiB.

Attached is a partial blackout. The partial blackouts seem to be related to one or more sections of the open windows, and come and go without a particular pattern. The mouse never disappears, but does not seem to have any effect on the blackened windows. A screenshot captures the screen without any black.

The problem occurs with both USB and WiFi, and with or without External Control/Radio Server running, but worse with WiFi. The CPU spikes in the System Monitor coincide with the blackouts, and the CPU usage jumped to 4% while using WiFi.

The main commonality between my 5 desktop/laptop computers is Linux Mint and Nvidia graphics.

Regards,

Noel, NO1N

1 Like