Network Connection with IC-705

It’s impossible to say without knowing your network setup but you need to make sure you have only 1 interface that is connected to the same network as the IC705.

73 Phil

Thanks for your help Phil. It seems like the DHCP address the IC-705 was assigned was that of the router. Potentially, can I use the physical IP to get directly to the IC-705? I’ll play around a little before I give up for now.

unless it’s totally broken, a DHCP server will never ever assign it’s gateway address to a device as being an IP address to use.

So, to make things clear we should start all over again and find out what your network actually looks like in the first place so that we can find out if all settings are righly set.

your laptop uses wifi or is it wired?

Assuming it’s wireless, what is the assigned IP address, netmask, default gateway address and dns settings? (on your laptop)

Another possibility is that some other software is already using UDP port 50001. I know that AnyDesk uses it for example.

You can find if this is the case by entering the following in a command prompt:

netstat -aon | findstr 0.0:50001

If you get nothing returned then no other software is using the port, if you get a return like this:

UDP 0.0.0.0:50001 *:* 5432

It means that a process with the PID 5432 is listening on UDP port 50001, the following command will find the process name (replace 5432 with the PID received above):

tasklist /svc /FI "PID eq 5432"

You then have the option of a: stopping the offending process or b: changing the control port of wfview and your IC705 to something else.

73 Phil

Hi Phil,

Tried the command ```
netstat -aon | findstr 0.0:50001

and nothing was returned.

Hi Roeland,

My PC is connected by a cable directly to the router, which comes into my office. The router has admin settings of 192.168.254.254, When I went to that page, I did not see anything in conflict with the DHCP IP address of 192.168.254.121 (with I am using in the settings string for wfview). This is my work computer, and a potential issue with the VPN. Will look further tonight/tomorrow, but seems like 2 things are using the 192.168.254.121 address, the second one being the IC-705.

Take care, Steve

EDIT: Removed advertisements

Hi Steve.

Ah you didn’t mention that you had a work VPN on that computer. That is probably the cause of the issue as it is likely to be forcing the VPN adapter to be the primary network interface.

I have considered an option to add a preferred network interface option to wfview but it is something that is unlikely to be used by 99.9% of wfview users, so isn’t really a priority!

I don’t suppose you have another computer you can try?

73 Phil

Thanks Phil – that indeed does seem the case. Unfortunately, it is the only computer I use until I end up retiring in 2-3 years, in which case I will have a lot more DX time and will look toward WFVEIW then. Please advise if you ever extend the program, and will move over then.

Thanks again and take care,

Steve

EDIT: Removed advertisements