Newbie to WFView configd IC-705 for remote ctrl over WIFI

Please provide the following information with your question:

1. Operating System: Ubuntu Studio 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver)

2. Method of download attempted (from wfview.org, package manager, source code, etc):
    From wfview.org I think. WFview 1.64 Files · b4c079f · Elliott Liggett / wfview · GitLab

3. Radio Model: Icom ic-705

4. Method of radio connectivity (USB, WiFi, Ethernet, etc): WIFI

5. Did you check the FAQ and read the manual? Definitely YES

I am new to WFView and I would like to say thank you. It is just what I wanted for ic-705 remote control over WIFI. To me bluetooth connection is good if you are in a tent, which I do require.

However, for me long distance radio control is just what I needed. It may only be a distance of 15 or 20 metres in my house, but I required control of my radio beyond what bluetooth can do.

I would like to thank the WFview community for making it so easy for me to install and configure WFview.

Importantly, after WFview was installed, I couldn’t get my radio waterfall on my Ubuntu client.

You wouldn’t believe it but, I looked up installation help on the WFview website, got onto the FAQ and bingo. I found the answer to my waterfall problem and I now have a remote controlled IC-705 through a linux laptop. Amazing.

For all of those who usually “don’t read the manual”, I fully support the value of this website.

Best regards

Alister VK1DVO

1 Like