I’m remoting into my 7300 the PC (server) local to the radio and connected to the radio via USB cable is Windows 7, the PC that is remote is a Windows 10. All aspects of controlling the radio remotely works fine and I hear received audio from stations, expect I’m not modulating the keyed up radio. When I speak into either PCs mic, even though the radio is keyed up and transmitting, there’s no audio modulation. The only choices for “Modulation Input” within the software is Mic, USB, or ACC.
What radio or software setting am I missing?
Thanks in advance.
As your radio is connected via USB, that is the option you select as the option simply sends the modulation source command to the radio.
Also make sure that you have the correct audio devices selected (USB Codec) within the radio server tab.
You might want to download/install the new v1.60 that has just been released, as it includes many improvements.
I’m really having no luck with this. The laptop that is besides my radio and connected via USB, controls the radio, but there is no audio coming out of the laptop speaks…should it? I wanted to test that first before I try Client/Server.
At this point when I do try client/server, the client shows audio modulation as indicated by the “secondary meter selection” set to “TxRxAudio”, but I’m not modulating the keyed-up radio.
So I want to try 1 PC first, then introduce the client/server setup.
Thanks in advance.
No there will not be any audio coming out of the “server” machine.
If you don’t get anywhere, on both the server and client computer, click the log button and “Send to Termbin” then paste the URL that you receive for each of them here. That will allow us to see what is happening.
As you are using the wfview server, in the Radio access settings tab, I would also recommend selecting ‘Opus’ for both RX and TX codec as that is much more efficient than the PCM/uLaw modes.
Can you confirm that the radio’s modulation is set to “USB”? This is the setting in wfview that is in Settings under Radio Settings. Set both to USB.
Also, please make sure the transmit modulation slider is set to 100%. The slider should be labeled “USB” on the Main View tab. If it says “Mic” or “ACC” then the modulation source might be set incorrectly.
Your termbin links look good, I see reasonable sources selected at every stage. And the fact that you see the modulation on the TxRxMeter is also a good sign.
I do have them set to USB and have a USB slider on both laptops. I’ve since uninstalled the ManyCam program from the server laptop and the Virtual com ports from the client laptop to simplify things. But in doing that I no longer show modulation levels on “TxRxAudio” meter when keying up.
Here are updated log url’s:
Server = https://termbin.com/05dee
Client = https://termbin.com/egqo0
This will be your problem, on the server, your audio devices aren’t being found:
2023-02-04 16:27:09.596 INF audio: "Server Audio input device Microsoft Sound Mapper - Input Not found: and no default device found, aborting!"
2023-02-04 16:27:09.596 INF audio: "Server Audio output device Microsoft Sound Mapper - Output Not found: and no default device found, aborting!"
It looks like you configured the USB Codec audio on the radio access page, not the radio server page like I said! On the server machine, ONLY the server part of wfview needs to know where the audio devices are.
I have also noticed that NO audio devices are being found at all on the server? You might need to restart wfview and unplug your IC7300 then plug it back in?
Its works now that I setup the server page, thank you. Although I had to use “PortAudio” and not “QtAudio” and I selected the first USB sound device from each pulldown.
Yes I saw that you didn’t get any devices discovered in QT Audio mode, that is very strange to be honest as for Windows I generally find it is the best option. It is possible that you have some corruption in your audio devices configuration, this can happen if you have lots of “phantom” devices.
The easiest way to check this, is to look in Device Manager (Windows 10, right-click on the start button and select Device Manager).
Then in the View menu, select “Show Hidden Devices”. then expand “Audio inputs and outputs”
Any “greyed-out” devices are not currently installed and can be deleted by right-clicking on the device and selecting “Uninstall Device”.
If you accidentally uninstall a device that does currently exist, that’s no problem as right-clicking on your computer name at the top of the list and selecting “Scan for hardware changes” will restore it.
73 Phil M0VSE