No Icom 7300 "soundcard"

Hi,
I’m using the wfserver branch, built by myself this morning for Windows 10. (situation was the same also in master branch If recall correctly).
I can’t find the “Icom sound card” from the options listed in Radio Server.
For comparison I’m attaching a screenshot from fldigi where you can see the “Icom sound card” and his name on my machine (BTW, audio is working correctly in fldigi) and the options I have in Wfview.

Thanks and 73
Simone IU3QEZ

Hi Simone.

Windows supports various APIs for audio, wfview will only show WASAPI devices (this is the current recommended API). WDM, DirectSound and MME are older APIs with higher latency than WASAPI. Unfortunately, the device naming is slightly different on each one.

What is the “3-USB Audio Codec”? Is that not your IC7300 sound card?

73 Phil M0VSE

Incidentally, please switch back to master branch now as it is unlikely that anything useful will change in wfserver branch for a while (in fact it is likely to get broken as I work on new features!)

73 Phil M0VSE

“3-USB Audio Codec” is my USB Sound Card.

So I should suppose that the Icom 7300 driver is not WASAPI compatible, so I must switch to Ubuntu/Linux. Not a big deal…

Incidentally, please switch back to master branch now as it is unlikely that anything useful will change in wfserver branch for a while (in fact it is likely to get broken as I work on new features!)

Actually my intention was to use Wfview just for creating a config file to use with Wfserver. I didn’t find any documentation regarding Wfserver configuration file and was trying this way (or maybe I didn’t look well enough in the documentation)

Hi Simone.

No it is absolutely WASAPI compatible as this is exactly what I am using. Have you tried one of the pre-built packages rather than compiling your own copy of wfview as you may be missing a necessary library? Also what version of Qt did you use?

Also have you installed the latest driver from Icom?

73 Phil M0VSE

~WRD0001.jpg

Hi Simone.

Wfserver isn’t really ready for use yet and the configuration isn’t compatible with wfview! I am still working on a way to create a suitable wfserver configuration file.

73 Phil M0VSE

~WRD0001.jpg