no remote audio or mic transmit on macbook

Expected behavior:
I had a working remote on my Mac book Pro using the built in speaker and microphone. I can hear the radio through the speakers on the remote connected laptop. I am using a IC-7300 with a Wfview server on Windows 11. My Macbook is a M2 with apple silicon. I wanted to change the output audio device to a headphone and use the microphone on the headset. Just to confirm, I read the faq and this seems different than the issue listed there. I have audio through the Macbook speakers until I select either headphones or a headset plugged into the headphone input. I verified the headset works with the mac by using a test zoom meeting. I also installed soundflower and tried that. I have tried multiple devices in the settings and saved setting each time.

Observed behavior:
When I selected the headphone from the settings drop down and then selected the speaker icon on icon on the MacBook title bar, the built in speaker audio stopped but no audio output from the headphone. I tried to switch back to speaker audio and now I can’t get any audio. It was working. I tried rebooting and restarting the Wfview program. The headphones work normally playing back a video on Youtube. The Wfview audio is gone and I can’t get back. If I reinstall the Wf view program it does not fix it. The log https://termbin.com/sz4h. The log says it can’t find audio and restarts.

First off, there is never any need to reinstall wfview. Your settings are maintained between installs.

Second, I see this in your log:

2024-07-21 19:46:24.588 INF udp: Got Connection status for: IC-7300 Busy: 1 Computer MacBook--wfview IP "192.168.1.154"

As well as this:

2024-07-21 19:46:26.964 INF udp: Audio Watchdog: no audio data received for 2s, restart required?

It seems like you are not actually getting a connection to the remote system for audio. You might want to check that all other copies of wfview are closed, and then carefully verify the ports and hostname, checking at the server side to make sure.

–E
de W6EL

To be clear, there are 111 instances of “no audio data received” in your log file. This is not likely an audio device configuration problem.

I had audio through the macbook speaker until I selected the headset. Then no audio. I plan on doing what you already suggested I am just clearing it up that I had working audio until I made that change. I cannot go back and select the speakers and get it to work. If restart everything server and client it will work again through the speaker.

Hi Rob,

Use the TxRxAudio secondary meter to verify audio is coming in to wfview. If that meter doesn’t move, it won’t matter what audio device is selected.

–E
de W6EL

sorry for all the emails. I just tried transmit from the Macbook it works good with the Microphone built in to the Macbook. Everything is good until I change the settings on the Macbook to the headset then no audio.

I don’t want to waste your time. After doing all of this it started working. I thank you for your time. I will get back if something changes. This is a great program and you can’t beat the price. I don’t know what was wrong but it’s working now. Go figure… Thanks for doing this!

It’s time well spent if other people can learn from it too, don’t worry about it!

Keep an eye on the log and the TxRxAudio meter, should you have audio problems.

–E
de W6EL