OT - Off topic about CI-V ic-705

Off topic

It has nothing to do with wfview software, but I don’t know where to look for more information on what I want to tell you.

The new radio I have, the Icom ic-705, I don’t think it has the “remote” output and the “band” signal it has, for example the ic-7300.
I use this information with the IC7300 to automatically switch antennas with a similar device: https://www.box73.de/file_dl/bausaetze/BX-7300_180702_engl.pdf

Do you know if it is possible to have these signals with the IC-705? Can it be with any bluetooth accessory? I have no idea, and I’ve been looking for info for a few days.
The reason for all this is that I would like to be able to use the IC-705 with automatic antenna switching and the filter passes band of the amplifier.

The only solution that comes to mind is a frequency reader to the antenna signal but that involves transmitting initially with SWR, until it detects the signal.

Sorry for the off topic.

George EB3AM

Hi George,
not sure whether I get your question correctly, but in general it is possible to get the band information out of the 705, e.g. to control an antenna tuner. May be this gives some more hints: GitHub - dl5dla/T1-Interface-for-IC-705: Control the Elecraft tuner T1 with an ESP32, which connects to the ICOM IC-705 via bluetooth.

73 Peter DL5DLA

1 Like

Thanks Peter,
is just I need!

:blush: