Output format of IC-705 built-in server vs. wfview server

I am wondering whether I can connect a different client (SDR Control for ICOM) to the wfview server running on a raspberry. Does the wfview server present the same on the network side as the built-in IC-705 server?

Thanks

73 Peter DL5DLA

Hi Peter.

I haven’t tested SDR Control for MAC, and while it should be able to connect to the wfview server, it is possible that the waterfall may not function though, as SDR Control is likely expecting each line of waterfall data in a single packet, whereas USB connected radios split it into multiple packets.

73 Phil

Hi Phil,
thanks. I have tried it now. As you already mentioned, the waterfall is messed up, for short time up one can see the spectrum very small on the left side but not useable. Audio in general is ok and I can hear the stations as expected, but the app is crashing from time to time (only in this case using the wfview server). Of course, would be great, if the server software would be able to convert the waterfall data accordingly, but this is probably outside the scope of wfview.

73 Peter DL5DLA

Hi Peter.

That is interesting… I suspected as much. I am doing lots of work on the wfview server at the moment to improve various things (including compatibility) it is possible that we could combine the parts of the spectrum into a single packet that SDR Control would support.

I may contact Marcus to see if he is interested in improving compatibility with wfview.

73 Phil

Hi Phil,
great. I guess it would be interesting for Marcus as well, because then he could provide his application as well to owners of a 7300 without network interface.

73 Peter