PC numpty struggles

I’m not PC savvy and unable to get my ic9700 connected to my laptop via usb lead.
I’ve followed the ‘Getting started’ section,which appears straightforward,but not having any success. Just wondered if i have to install the drivers on the icom website,or are they just for the icom software ?

Definitely load the Icom driver from the Icom website. It is not just for the Icom software.

Hi Nick.

Yes Steve is right, if you “must” connect via USB then you need to install the latest Icom drivers for your radio. Having said that, if at all possible, I would connect over Ethernet as it provides a much better experience (faster/smoother waterfall) and allows you to operate away from the radio!

73 Phil M0VSE

1 Like

Hi phil
I just wanted to take it one step at a time and thought the easiest way to start would be to use the usb cable. I’ve downloaded the cp210x drivers from the icom website,the pc says they’re working,but still not connected :confused:

Hi Nick.

You need to manually select the COM: port within wfview as the auto-detection doesn’t work on Windows. It will usually be the lower numbered COM: port that is created when the IC9700 is plugged-in.

You also need to make sure that C-IV Transceive is enabled within the radio menu, as per Getting Started | wfview

73 Phil M0VSE

Hi Phil
Many thanks,that sorted it,i thought it selected automatically.
Cheers
Nick
M0ITX