Quadra-Inovota

Home - Inovato

I have picked 2 of these from inovota.com. This device is only 29.00 USD for the basic box. My goal is to add one of these to my mobile. The developer was a Ham around 2000. He is in the process of getting his Technician. In the meantime, David W1HKF added the FlDIGI Suite or at least the info to copy and paste the commands to load FLDIGI etc.

I’m a Noob and I’ve relied on KM4ACK Jason Build a Pi and his Build a Pi script to run Pat Winlink Etc.

I have no idea where or how to run WFview when it’s not an Intel Chip, a Raspberry PI Chip. Allwinner H6 quad-core A53
ARM v8 64-bit SoC, 1.7ghz is about a PI 3 speed/memory.

I have set up a sort of VNC using tailscale VPN.

Will the Linux command line work on this device?

Don VA7DGP/VA7QU

Hi Don,

What operating system does it run?

—E
de W6EL

|

• |

Linux, Bullseye OS

Allwinner H6 quad-core A53
ARM v8 64-bit SoC, 1.7ghz

Model Tanix TX6
aarch64

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 7:25 AM Elliott Liggett via wfview <noreply@wfview.org> wrote:

Hi Don,

Looks like it runs Debian Linux. All the usual Linux commands should work fine. I suspect wfview will as well.

This looks like a pretty good deal! Thank you for mentioning it here!

—E
de W6EL

Mike is the developer and he really wants to get the Ham Radio Project to work. As mentioned. David W1HCJ posted cut and paste info in the Ham Radio Project area.

If you get a chance, please try our Linux build script. I suspect it will work just fine.

—E
de W6EL

uadra@inovato:~$ cd ~/Downloads
quadra@inovato:~/Downloads$ chmod +x fullbuild-wfview.sh
chmod: cannot access ‘fullbuild-wfview.sh’: No such file or directory
quadra@inovato:~/Downloads$ sudo chmod +x fullbuild-wfview.sh
[sudo] password for quadra:
chmod: cannot access ‘fullbuild-wfview.sh’: No such file or directory
quadra@inovato:~/Downloads$

lost now.

Hi Don,

“no such file or directory” means the file isn’t there or has been typed wrong.

Can you use the “ls” command to list the directory contents, so that we can see if it is there or perhaps named a little differently? Maybe it was downloaded to another place?

–E
de W6EL

I did see a wget on the script. Not sure how to get updated from that info.

Heading out as I’m XYL Uber driver. Will see what info show up later

Hi Don,

Yeah I do not see the script having been downloaded.

Try watching this video I made a while back, it shows the process that I recommend following:

Basically, you must make sure to actually download the file. Some people have accidentally downloaded the HTML of the website, for example. You then have to be in the right folder, and make sure to type it all correctly when you do the chmod command. There are just a few steps really, but each has to be 100% correct for it to work.

It is possible that you will run into additional issues once you have the script running. But just let me know, I’m sure we can work through it.

–E
de W6EL

This is an Embedded ARM OS.

That should make no difference,

Bullseye is the name of the current version of Debian Linux, which the Raspberry Pi OS is also based on. As long as it has a suitable apt repository then the commands should work. It doesn’t really matter what CPU architecture it is based on as the maintainer had done most of the hard work for you.

73 Phil M0VSE

I’ll try it.
Will advise.

later

Hi Don,

I now have a quadra too, and I can tell you that our standard install script works just fine on it. The only issue you may encounter is related to the CPU temperature when you are compiling (that is part of the script). You can change the script to use only one core and it’ll stay cool the entire time.

I have a quadra running my IC-718 for remote access with wfview. It seems to be running very well. My only complaint is the power supply, which is FULL of hash and cannot be used near an HF radio. Even setting it up in another room, I could receive the hash on my HF receiver in the garage. It’s a very bad supply and I have no idea why it has an “FCC” symbol on it.

If you need help installing it, let me know. It’s working quite well.

–E
de W6EL

You might not have seen this article on the Quadra noise suppression.

https://www.ab4oj.com/quadra/vk6kxw.html

Different Quadra Bob, this is a cheap single board computer, not a large linear amplifier :slight_smile:

73 Phil M0VSE