remote audio

I am running version 1.5 on my evolve iii laptop as the remote. I can connect and control the730 but I still have no audio on the remote device. I have the codec selected on the server side , USB modulation and I have checked everything that I can tell from others that posted here.

any ideas I can try ?

thanks

Try enabling the secondary audio meters on the client side. See if they are operating and showing any RX or TX audio.

I also suggest switching to the latest public build, which you can find on our downloads page. We’ve addressed a lot of audio issues lately.

–E
de W6EL

Ok thanks. My browser wouldn’t let me download the public build but i will try again

E,

I tried to load the latest public build 20230123–03099001.exe and it returned two system errors.

• portaudio_x86.dll was not found

and

• qcustomploy2.dll was not found

vr,
Kevin, WA6JKN

Hi Kevin,

Those files should be in the public_builds folder. Simply download the DLL files and save them to the same place as your wfview.exe file. Place the downloaded public build exe in the same folder as wfview.exe as well.

When we make an official installer for the next release it will include these files; for now, they must be downloaded manually.

–E
de W6EL

THANKS! I got the audio working. Now when I TX from the remote, I need to increase the mic volume. I have the USB MOD level at about 99% already

E,

I downloaded both dlls and now get the error: “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b), Click OK to close the application”. I’m using a 1 year old HP desktop (solid state HD) and running windows 10.

vr,
Kevin, WA6JKN

Hi Kevin,

Please download all the DLLs (Qt5Xml, portaudio_x86 and qcustomplot2) into the same folder as wfview.exe, which is also the same folder that you have placed the downloaded automated build of wfview. Then it should work.

–E
de W6EL

Elliott, shouldn’t one reboot after loading new DLLs onto the drive, otherwise the computer will continue using the DLLs in memory?

It isn’t needed since they are dynamically loaded on runtime (in this case).

—E
de W6EL

E,

I now have all three files download and still No Joy. I put this in a new file location. Get the same error message can’t start, etc.

Am I supposed to install all the files in the wfview program folder? If I drop these three files there, it will overwrite the old ones. Is that ok to do? I’m worried that might not be able to recover my wfview 1.5 version that is working perfectly for me.

BTW, My machine is a x64 bit.

I did not download the opus.zip file.

vr,
Kevin, WA6JKN

Yes that is the ONLY way it can work. It won’t cause any issue with the existing wfview. Opus.zip is not needed, just the .dll files.

73 Phil

E and Phil,

It worked perfectly! You guys are Awesome!

vr.
Kevin, WA6JKN

1 Like